Microsoft Tuesday issued the final beta on Exchange Server 2010 along with the final beta of its security companion, Forefront for Exchange Sever 2010.
Software and Services
Microsoft on Tuesday asked a court to stay an injunction that could put a stop to sales of Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Corp.'s unveiling today of the release candidate for its upcoming Exchange Server 2010 was hit by technical problems that prevented IT professionals from downloading the software.
Mozilla executives today began a concerted campaign to prod European Union (EU) antitrust regulators to demand more from Microsoft than the browser "ballot screen" Windows will offer users later this year.
Google search is holding tight to its top position in the hearts of U.S. consumers, according to a new study.
Microsoft knew of the patent held by i4i as early as 2001, but instead set out to make the Canadian developer's software "obsolete" by adding a feature to Word, according to court documents.
A U.S. judge has ordered a Delaware man who sold copies of software packages on an Internet auction site to pay US$210,563 in damages and court costs, the Business Software Alliance (BSA) announced Monday.
Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
Microsoft sympathizes with people pushing what it calls the "Die IE6, Die" campaign, but argued today that it simply can't put a stake in the old browser's heart.
The browser wars have gotten livelier with new entries and updates, with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, and Apple's Safari all scrambling for attention. But a warrior from the first browser war is apparently gear...
Internet Explorer 8 blocked about four out of every five sites that attempt to trick visitors into downloading malicious software in browser security tests performed by NSS Labs.
Netscape founder Marc Andreessen, perhaps still stinging after losing to Microsoft in the browser wars in the mid-1990s, may be looking to get back into the browser game.
Mozilla late on Thursday began offering Firefox 3.5 to users still running older versions of the browser, the first of what will likely be several attempts to get people to upgrade before support expires for Firefox 3.0.
Microsoft's decision to make Internet Explorer 8 the default browser on computers where the user elected an express installation raises questions about the software giant's compliance with a 6-year-old antitrust settlement, a lawyer for some of the p...
Noise Industries has announced that its FxFactory plug-ins for Apple's Final Cut Pro and Motion are now compatible with the recently released Final Cut Studio 3. The update to FxFactory also makes others plug-ins that uses the FxFactory architecture ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW