A Microsoft and Yahoo search deal, announced in July, will face an in-depth antitrust review from the U.S. Department of Justice, Microsoft has confirmed.
Software and Services
Less than two weeks after Apple launched Snow Leopard, the company today issued the new operating system's first security update. In a separate upgrade, Apple patched 33 vulnerabilities in 2007's Leopard, and about half as many in the even older Tige...
Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Google is promoting a payments system to the newspaper industry that would let Web surfers pay a small amount for individual news stories, an idea that could help publishers struggling with the impact of the Internet.
Google's proposed book settlement with book authors and publishers, allowing the company to digitize and sell millions of books, makes a "mockery" of copyright protections in the U.S. Constitution, the head of the U.S. Copyright Office said Thursday.
Microsoft has cofounded and is providing the funding for a new foundation aimed at bringing open-source and proprietary software companies together to participate side by side in open-source projects.
Microsoft's annual technology conference, Tech.Ed sold out this year, with more than 2500 people converging on the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre this week for a sneak peek at Windows 7.
Microsoft marketed Canadian developer i4i's XML software to potential customers at the same time it planned to drive the small firm out of business by infringing its patent, according to court documents filed yesterday with an appeals court.
Microsoft late Tuesday confirmed that a bug in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and the release candidates of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, could be used to hijack PCs.
Despite efforts from Microsoft over the years to simplify its software licensing for businesses, a new analyst report said it's more complex than ever for companies to figure out the most cost-effective way to acquire products from the vendor.
The suspense is finally over: Apple's hotly hyped 09/09/09 event has come and gone, leaving us only with the inevitable task of analysing it till our "i" keys collapse with exhaustion.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs took the stage at his company's iPod event today, the first time he has appeared in public since October 2008.
It's something that happens every twelve months, but this year's rumors about the Beatles catalog landing in the iTunes store is taking on a life of its own. The rumors are fueled in part by the fact that today is not only Apple event day, but also B...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs took the stage at an event on Wednesday to introduce new iPod products, his first public appearance after taking a long medical leave of absence.
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Chinese $1.2B deal for Opera crumples
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 is a budget GTX 980 killer
- NBN raids: Conroy calls for end to ‘ludicrous’ AFP investigation
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD