Microsoft today promised it will replace the often-hated Entourage e-mail client in its Office for the Mac with a version of Outlook by late 2010.
Software and Services
Microsoft on Thursday said that starting next year it will include Outlook in its version of the Office for the Mac platform, replacing Entourage, the e-mail and groupware application for Mac users the suite has now.
Microsoft must pay nearly US$300 million in damages and interest to Canadian company i4i because it infringed the latter's patent for a document system that relies on XML custom formatting, according to court documents filed yesterday.
New competition in the smartphone market - and not just from Research In Motion - spurred the agreement between Nokia and Microsoft.
Microsoft and Nokia are working together to put a version of Microsoft's Office productivity applications on Nokia handsets, the companies said Wednesday.
Google has added a social-networking component to its iGoogle personalized home page service that will allow users to do things like share YouTube videos, play Scrabble and maintain joint to-do lists.
There have been tweets from the Tour de France, Twittering from the White House and even tweets from outer space.
A judge on Tuesday ordered Microsoft to stop selling Microsoft Word products in their current form in the U.S., but legal appeals or technical work-arounds make an actual halt of sales unlikely.
A proposed settlement between Google and book publishers and authors that would allow the tech giant to digitize and sell millions of books raises no serious antitrust concerns and, in fact, should blaze a trail that allows other companies to do the ...
Microsoft yesterday responded to critics who have called for the death of Internet Explorer 6 (IE6), saying "dropping support is not an option" for the eight-year-old browser.
BMC on Monday said it has bought MQSoftware, maker of middleware that helps companies monitor the performance of IBM's WebSphere MQ software, as well as other platforms. Terms were not disclosed.
Microsoft has left the Opera and Google Chrome browsers off of the list of those officially supported by its Web-based Office applications, which will be available worldwide in technical preview sometime this month.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently confirmed that the company will limit Windows 7 Starter, the edition expected to end up on netbooks, to systems that sport small screens and low-powered processors.
Microsoft, in response to complaints that Internet Explorer 8 was being designated as the default browser during some installations, will change the installation process starting this week, the software giant told a U.S. district judge.
Microsoft released the RTM version of Windows 7 yesterday to the Microsoft technical community. The initial excitement quickly turned to sensational headlines about a "showstopper" or "critical" bug that may put a damper on the Windows 7 excitement a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CSIRO’s Data61 and Treasury join forces to examine the blockchain
- Windows 10 on pace to reach 20% share by June
- Budget 2016: NBN approaches limit of government funding
- Why Windows 10 wants your feedback and diagnostics, and how to control them
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW