Despite efforts from Microsoft over the years to simplify its software licensing for businesses, a new analyst report said it's more complex than ever for companies to figure out the most cost-effective way to acquire products from the vendor.
Software and Services
The suspense is finally over: Apple's hotly hyped 09/09/09 event has come and gone, leaving us only with the inevitable task of analysing it till our "i" keys collapse with exhaustion.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs took the stage at his company's iPod event today, the first time he has appeared in public since October 2008.
It's something that happens every twelve months, but this year's rumors about the Beatles catalog landing in the iTunes store is taking on a life of its own. The rumors are fueled in part by the fact that today is not only Apple event day, but also B...
Apple CEO Steve Jobs took the stage at an event on Wednesday to introduce new iPod products, his first public appearance after taking a long medical leave of absence.
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Think you're a Monopoly whiz? Remember running the board and shaming your property-less competitors when playing board games on the living room floor? Think you're the Donald Trump of gaming and could rule the world with a good roll of the dice?
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, saying that crafting a fix was "infeasible."
More than two dozen authors and publishers have filed an objection to a proposed settlement that would allow Google to digitize and sell millions of books, saying that the agreement ignores important privacy rights of readers and writers.
A group of Linux proponents will purchase patents formerly held by Microsoft in an effort to defend distributors of the open-source OS against the ongoing threat of patent litigation from the software giant.
Invoice management is crucial for any business. But especially if you're just starting out, you might be tempted to save a few dollars on an invoicing application by submitting bills as Word docs or other text files. Don't waste your time trying to i...
Italy's Antitrust Authority has broadened its investigation of Google's business practices in the country, it said Friday.
Kai-Fu Lee, who left his job as Google's China head last week, launched an angel investment fund on Monday that aims to cultivate three to five new high-tech companies per year in China.
Mozilla recently released a product roadmap with a number of new details on what the foundation is hoping to release between now and the end of 2010, including information on when to expect the next major iteration of Firefox.
Several readers has asked us about this very insistent program that wants to download itself and protect their computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA