Three quarters of 16 to 24 year olds can't live without the internet, says YouthNet.
Software and Services - News
Most Mac lovers love the Mac for the carefully wrought user interfaces and the crisp design, and never pay attention to the open source at the heart of the operating system. But underneath this beautiful facade is a heart built upon the rich - if oft...
Just a day before Microsoft was to have retired Office 2004 for Mac by ending updates and fixes, including security patches, the company said Monday that it would instead extend the five-year-old suite's support until Jan. 10, 2012.
Is your IT organization ready for Windows 7? You're running out of time. Microsoft will ship the new version of Windows on Oct. 22.
Microsoft's introduction of Windows 7 later this month won't cost Apple any Mac sales, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Microsoft plans to replicate some processes from the PC industry to try to boost its performance in the mobile market and expects to see a growing number of applications in its new Marketplace, an executive said this week.
Microsoft is discontinuing its venerable Works program, an entry-level productivity suite for home users, and replacing it with Office Starter 2010, which will contain advertising.
Windows 7 is not even out the door yet and rumors are already circulating about the next version of Microsoft's OS, Windows 8.
True Image Home 2010 is as effective and easy to use as any imaging/backup program you're likely to find. That's right: I just called True Image "easy to use."
Adobe has posted a video on Facebook giving a sneak peek at features that will likely make their way into the next version of Photoshop. The video shows a selection of features that are being developed by 'Photoshop Labs', including Painter-style bru...
Microsoft's new Windows 7 operating system boots slower than its unloved predecessor, Windows Vista, a PC tune-up developer said today.
Microsoft announced today that it will abandon its decades-old Works entry-level suite, and will instead offer a stripped-down, advertising-supported version of Office 2010 on new PCs next year.
Microsoft Thursday concluded development on Exchange 2010 and said the new mail server would ship on Nov. 9 at the company's TechEd Conference in Berlin, Germany.
Those eyeing a migration to Exchange 2010 will find lots of options that improve the platform, but they won't come without careful attention to deployment details including the rollout of Windows Server 2008, says one expert.
New tweaks to the Facebook homepage have been spotted in the wild that may make it easier to see what's going on within your network. New features include improved filters for the newsfeed, a revised right-hand column and a new Publisher box reminis...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft to retire original Windows 10 on March 26
- Snapchat just got way easier to use thanks to a new search bar
- Microsoft is retiring the Blue Screen of Death for some users
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCChange Analyst- O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW