Toshiba has developed a graphical user interface for controlling devices such as media servers and audo equipment and shifting content around a home network.
Software and Services
Anyone finding Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) subscriptions a tough sell for management used to Microsoft's one-time license fee for Windows must emphasize that there are more factors to be considered, chiefly return on investment, Red Hat officials...
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
Mozilla's next update for Firefox, slated to ship Tuesday, will check for outdated versions of Flash Player, a frequent target of hackers, the company said on Friday.
Microsoft is testing a new feature called Bing & Ping for its Bing search engine that allows people to share search results on social networks Facebook and Twitter.
Google's App Engine hosted development environment now lets applications exchange instant messages with networks based on the XMPP open standard.
Microsoft says that cyber-criminals are starting to exploit an unpatched bug in its IIS server software that was made public earlier this week.
Google is promising changes to the Android Market, the same week that a prominent application developer complained about issues with the store.
Just five months after its launch, the Flight Control iPhone game has reached 1.5 million downloads. Developed by mobile games studio Firemint, which also made the popular Real Racing iPhone game, Flight Control is the first paid game on Apple's App ...
An appeals court has granted Microsoft's request to put off an injunction that could have forced it to stop selling its Microsoft Word software next month.
A new version of Windows is not typically a reason to throw a party, but Microsoft is hoping people will do just that to celebrate Windows 7, and has teamed with House Party to help them do so.
The European Commission opened an in-depth investigation into Oracle's planned $7.4 billion takeover of Sun Microsystems Thursday, citing concerns about the deal's effect on competition in the market for databases.
Microsoft yesterday said it is working on a patch for a bug in its popular Web server software, but it's unlikely the company will field a fix fast enough to make next week's regular release, a security expert predicted.
After a nearly two-hour outage, Google Inc. is getting its Gmail e-mail service back up and running this evening.
Microsoft plans to drop all of its Zune models except for a new high-definition (HD) version that is due out in two weeks, the company confirmed Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT