The free Windows 7 upgrades that Microsoft has promised buyers of new PCs powered by Vista are not always free, a consumer watchdog Web site said today.
Software and Services - News
Google is adding new functionality to a side panel that could provide quicker access to relevant search results, the company said on Thursday.
Former Microsoft open-source chief Sam Ramji has joined cloud-computing startup Sonoa Systems, taking over product strategy and business development at the Santa Clara, California-based company.
Small to medium businesses (SMBs) are risking the loss of valuable corporate data because they are failing to take enough steps to secure their data and are not backing it up.
Microsoft will not have to pay $388 million to a security software company for infringing on a patent, U.S. District Judge William Smith ruled Tuesday.
Without a radical change in the way much of it is written, software, sadly, just can't go much faster anymore.
Microsoft today lifted the curtain on its Microsoft Security Essentials, the free successor to its OneCare security program.
Windows Vista users (and IT folks taking care of Server 2008 computers) should watch out for a new security hole involving Windows file sharing. A remote attacker could assume full control of a vulnerable computer by exploiting a flaw in the SMB prot...
Look for a way to fix your credit or transfer money on Microsoft's Bing these days and you'll get some friendly advice from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer put on his sales hat Tuesday and made a case for why businesses should upgrade to Windows 7, despite an economy in which many IT budgets have been frozen or are lower than in years past.
A Google engineer appeared in court in Milan Tuesday to defend the company's conduct in connection with posting a video showing the bullying of a disabled teenager.
Before Windows 7's arrival, touchscreen support wasn't part of the Windows operating system itself. Instead, all-in-one PC vendors resorted to stopgaps ranging from elegant (HP's growing TouchSmart software suite) to kludgy (touchscreen apps from MSI...
An Italian prosecutor has accused Google of violating Italian and European regulations in the way it handles its e-mail communications, the Corriere della Sera newspaper reported Monday.
Google has enhanced its search results by providing links to different sections of Web pages, in addition to the traditional main Web page link.
Intel has made available for download its latest Linux-based operating system, Moblin 2.1, just a few days after announcing the new software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- How to restore missing desktop icons on Windows
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSenior Technical LeadACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD