Microsoft has confirmed that it's stopped letting business customers block the Windows Store in Windows 10 Pro, annoying some users.
Software and Services - News
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
At Interop 2016, Network World chats with John Pironti, president of IP Architects, about why ransomware is on the rise, and why many consumers and businesses are paying the ransom.
If you're headed to university in the fall, you may be able to get Apple Music for $5 a month.
What is Kodi, and why should you care: Everything you need to know about the free, open-source Kodi media player software
Kodi is a brilliant free multiplatform media player that also happens to be great for watching TV and films for free - illegally. Here's everything you need to know about Kodi, maybe the best open-source media-centre software on the market right now
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
For the first time since the technology launched last year, NBN has recorded revenue from fibre to the node (FTTN). Albeit only a trickle, even by the standards of the still-under-construction National Broadband Network.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
NBN said it is weeks away from hitting 1 million premises across Australia with an active connection to the national broadband network.
nbn has revealed its third quarter results, showing a total revenue $111 million, an increase of more than 158 per cent versus the previous corresponding period in fiscal year 2015.
TPG (including subsidiaries such as iiNet), Telstra, Optus and M2 have confirmed they don’t intend to oppose Federal Court applications by Foxtel and Village Roadshow that seek to have the ISPs block their customers access a collection of piracy-link...
The File History feature lets you set up an external drive to back up your files automatically. You don’t need any extra software, and it’s very customizable.
Yeah, Wright. After publicly claiming he was the elusive Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, Craig Wright suddenly says he can't handle the pressure to provide further proof.
Microsoft says that if you haven't upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 by July 29, expect to pay more than $100 to eventually do so.
Kansas City, Missouri, has high hopes for the smart technology it's deploying as it launches on Friday a new streetcar line in its downtown innovation district and public Wi-Fi that spreads over two square miles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's new Paint 3D app drags physical objects into digital worlds
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTTest LeadQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCPentaho BI DeveloperQLD