Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer was surprised that Wall Street reacted negatively to Yahoo's plan to hand over its Internet search and advertising reins to Microsoft, he said Thursday.
Software and Services
When Yahoo Inc. agreed to team up with Microsoft Corp. to better take on search giant Google Inc., some analysts said they wondered whether the online pioneer mistakenly sold its soul in the process.
Microsoft acknowledged its Windows Mobile segment has not performed well and said it is working on turning that around, but it's uncertain whether its efforts will go far enough.
Pirates have cracked Windows 7's product activation just a week after the operating system made RTM and a week before it's slated to reach users, Microsoft confirmed today.
The Pirate Bay's shot at legitimacy may be over before it even began, as Swedish firm Global Gaming Factory hasn't produced enough money to buy the legendary torrent tracking site.
About a year after Microsoft's hostile, contentious and unsuccessful bid to buy Yahoo, the two companies appear set to join forces to take on a common rival - Google.
Yahoo's high-profile and widely used search APIs (application programming interfaces) and search programs for external developers are up in the air after the company's decision to outsource its search engine services to Microsoft.
The head of Google's search organization said the search deal announced Wednesday between Microsoft and Yahoo looked likely to be negative for competition and for consumers.
Microsoft and Yahoo struck a long-anticipated search deal Wednesday under which Microsoft's Bing search engine will power Yahoo's search site, and Yahoo will sell premium search advertising services for both companies.
With Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. signing an Internet search and advertising agreement today, some might think that search giant Google Inc. would be nervously looking over its shoulder at the oncoming assault.
A third of UK workers have admitted to becoming offended or upset after misinterpreting the tone or language used in email received from colleagues, says GMX.
Just days after releasing some proposed interface changes to Firefox 3.7 on its wiki, the Mozilla Foundation has put up a page to explore interface changes in Firefox 4.0.
Google Inc. this week came swinging at critics who have called on the city of Los Angeles to re-think its plan to implement the Google Apps hosted e-mail and office applications due to privacy and security concerns.
Microsoft officially opened its Windows Marketplace for Mobile application store to software developers on Monday as the giant software maker moves to catch up to the success of Apple's iPhone App Store.
The UK government's national pandemic flu website, hosted by BT, crashed within four minutes of going live yesterday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- Microsoft declares Cortana search box as Bing- and Edge-only turf
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA