Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard have expanded their partnership to develop and sell a common platform for delivering voice, video and messaging services to office workers.
Software and Services
The commercial sponsor and originator of the Ubuntu project, Canonical, has stepped into new territory with the launch of a storage and sync service called Ubuntu One. In the tradition of open source marketing, this has been a "quiet product launch",...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer met last week with Jack Ma, the CEO of top Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba Group, which controls Yahoo's operations in China. The meeting drove speculation in China that they may have discussed a potential Microsoft acquis...
A stone-and-tile company is suing ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor Epicor over a system it says never worked as intended or promised, according to documents filed last month in U.S. District Court in Connecticut.
Online targeted advertising and the collection of consumer data are the fuel of Internet commerce, not the major privacy problems described by some advocates and U.S. lawmakers, according to a new paper.
A German organization plans to build a tool to help developers test whether software they're developing can support documents compatible with the latest version of the Open Office XML (OOXML) standard.
Microsoft is set to deliver Beta 1 of Visual Studio 2010, the planned upgrade to the company's development tools platform, on Monday, according to a Microsoft blogger in Australia.
In an unusual twist, Microsoft and Linux have joined forces in a legal tussle.
Pirated copies labeled as the Technical Preview of Microsoft's Office 2010 have leaked to the Internet, according to searches on popular file-sharing sites.
CombiTech has released VidBlaster 1.0, the first complete version of the desktop video production software. VidBlaster is Windows PC-based video production, broadcast, recording and streaming software for corporate, web and broadcast productions supp...
Just over a week after Microsoft handed Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) to the public, the new operating system's market share gains have started to slow, according to data from Web metrics vendor Net Applications.
Although Google's Chrome was the only browser left standing after March's Pwn2Own hacking contest, it was vulnerable to the same bug that a German college student used to bring down Apple's Safari, Google acknowledged this week.
The Microsoft executive in charge of Windows urged some companies this week to dump Vista deployment plans and shift to Windows 7, the operating system the company has promised to ship in the fourth quarter.
There's little doubt that Apple's App Store has proven wildly popular with iPhone and iPod touch users, who've downloaded more than a billion apps since the store opened for business less than a year ago. Naturally, most of us assume Apple's making a...
After months of problems that delayed the last two betas of Firefox 3.5, Mozilla Corp. is now on track to deliver the first release candidate early next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft tightens Windows 10's Secure Boot screws: Where does that leave Linux?
- Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors
- Microsoft's Satya Nadella is picking March Madness winners better than Bing
- Twitter tests videos that play automatically
- Microsoft to support 8K video resolutions with Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW