The overall number of defects in open-source projects is dropping, a new study by vendor Coverity has found.
Software and Services - News
The Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers (AAP) want more time to rework their proposed agreement with Google to settle a lawsuit over the search company's book search service.
The latest version of Google's Picasa photo-management software adds face-recognition features and simplifies geotagging, the company announced Tuesday.
Microsoft is buying technology from four of its partners in order to bolster its Dynamics AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) product with commonly needed functions across various industries, according to a senior company executive.
Google appeared to have won a partial victory in its long-running legal battle with trademark owners Tuesday, when a senior judge at the European Court of Justice said the company hasn't infringed anyone's trademark rights by allowing advertisers to ...
Lotus Software GM Bob Picciano has grown tired of the "hot wind" blowing out of Redmond carrying claims that Exchange is displacing Notes and is singling out CEO Steve Ballmer and COO Kevin Turner as the main culprits spreading "ridiculous and fabric...
Microsoft has told beta testers of its free antivirus software that it will release the final version to the public soon.
With attack code that exploits a critical unpatched bug in Windows likely to go public soon, Microsoft wants users to run an automated tool that disables the vulnerable component.
Facebook confirmed Monday what some users have been noticing for the past few days: Its site is having problems.
Two MIT graduates created a software program -- entitled Project "Gaydar" -- that scans Facebook friends lists and supposedly determines, based on association, whether or not a male subject is homosexual. That means if you're a male who does not iden...
Microsoft on Monday demonstrated a new tool for its Bing search engine that will allow advertisers to measure the effectiveness of their ads with online users.
Google's new Chrome 3.0 is the fastest of the top five Windows browsers, and beats every rival, including Apple's Safari, by comfortable margins, benchmark tests show.
Microsoft yesterday kicked off a Windows 7 promotion that heavily discounts copies of Windows 7 for college students in the US, with the price nearly matching what Apple charges for its Snow Leopard upgrade.
The US Department of Justice has come out against the proposed agreement to settle copyright lawsuits that authors and major publishers filed against Google over the search company's book search program.
Mozilla said yesterday that Firefox's check for outdated editions of Adobe's Flash Player convinced 10 million users to go to Adobe's Web site and grab the latest software.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- Google will start adding Assistant to Nougat and Marshmallow phones this week
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW