Microsoft has taken aim at a rogue antivirus program called Internet Antivirus Pro.
Software and Services
Kaspersky Lab has announced the launch of Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 during a Press briefing held on Thursday. According to a press release, Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 is a new generation product designed to protect home users from securi...
Have a Flash file from which you wish you could edit or extract the video -- but don't want to pay for the rather expensive Adobe Flash CS4 program? Eltima Software's Flash Decompiler Trillix (US$80, free demo) might be what you're looking for. Decom...
Hibbert Ralph Animation (HRA) today unveiled Redboard, a software-based system that enhances existing CG workflows by adding and integrating the skills of the traditional storyboard artist. According to HRA, Redboard improves communication and effici...
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
Today at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco, the Cupertino computer maker announced a host of new products before an audience of developers and media. Among other announcements, the company has updated its MacBook Pro product l...
IT and business technology will take centre stage in the post-recession economy, according to George Colony, CEO of Forrester.
Early reviewers have dubbed the Palm Pre a strong competitor to the iPhone, with some notable problems, including short battery life and too few applications to run on the device.
When he was a senator, President Barack Obama pitched the idea of of what was widely called a "Google-enabled government" to illustrate his interest in making public data easily searchable and accessible. But the White House's reported plan to appoin...
Microsoft today said it will deliver 10 security updates next week to patch serious bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Word and Excel.
Microsoft on Tuesday confirmed that it will offer consumers "special deals" on an upgrade to Windows 7 if they buy a Vista-equipped PC before the launch of the new operating system.
Microsoft Office is still the most prevalent productivity suite among enterprise customers, but 2010 could see more adoption of competitive suites as companies ponder their next investments in this area, according to a new report by Forrester Researc...
Intel's acquisition of Wind River on Thursday is a strong push by the chip maker to extend Linux support across devices that use its processors, analysts said.
Google Docs, a hosted suite of office productivity applications, still has a ways to go in its development, but users can expect dramatic changes in the next 12 months.
Five years after settling a bitter lawsuit with Sun Microsystems over the Java programming language, a Microsoft executive made the company's first-ever JavaOne keynote address Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft claims 110M devices now run Windows 10
- Windows 10 growth slows, but breaks 100M device mark
- Google Photos’ big, helpful Android update goes live
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Tim Cook on Apple and Microsoft partnership: 'It's what customers want'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC