Microsoft filed lawsuits against five companies Thursday, accusing them of using malicious advertisements to trick victims into installing software on their computers.
Software and Services - News
Google plans to accelerate its massive efforts to scan tens of millions of books and periodicals with the acquisition on Wednesday of a company called reCAPTCHA.
Microsoft's Bing had a really strong August as the company takes another step in its effort to boost its place in the search engine business.
Adobe has agreed to buy Web analytics company Omniture for US$1.8 billion in cash, the companies said Tuesday.
MySpace on Tuesday will release as open source a technology called Qizmt that it developed in-house to mine and crunch massive amounts of data and generate friend recommendations in its social-networking site.
Microsoft Hong Kong is now recruiting Windows 7 promoters who will be paid US$1,004 each for a day's work in late October when the software giant launches its new OS.
Google is developing a product called Fast Flip that aims to make it simpler and faster to browse through news articles on the Web, a process that the company finds is cumbersome and discourages people from reading more online.
In a last promotional run-up to the Windows 7 release next month, Microsoft is urging business customers to start their upgrades now with examples of customers already using the software, and another acknowledgement that the company learned lessons f...
Avid has introduced new versions of its Media Composer video editing software and Symphony finishing system.
A Microsoft and Yahoo search deal, announced in July, will face an in-depth antitrust review from the U.S. Department of Justice, Microsoft has confirmed.
Less than two weeks after Apple launched Snow Leopard, the company today issued the new operating system's first security update. In a separate upgrade, Apple patched 33 vulnerabilities in 2007's Leopard, and about half as many in the even older Tige...
Mozilla on Wednesday patched 10 security vulnerabilities in Firefox 3.5, all but one ranked critical, as it delivered the first update that automatically checks for outdated versions of the popular Flash Player plug-in.
Google is promoting a payments system to the newspaper industry that would let Web surfers pay a small amount for individual news stories, an idea that could help publishers struggling with the impact of the Internet.
Google's proposed book settlement with book authors and publishers, allowing the company to digitize and sell millions of books, makes a "mockery" of copyright protections in the U.S. Constitution, the head of the U.S. Copyright Office said Thursday.
Microsoft has cofounded and is providing the funding for a new foundation aimed at bringing open-source and proprietary software companies together to participate side by side in open-source projects.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT