Microsoft will launch its Windows 7 free upgrade program for buyers of Vista PCs on Friday, according to a message on a new company Web site.
Software and Services
The criminal trial of four senior Google executives in a court in Milan, Italy, on Tuesday was postponed until Sept. 29 because the translator failed to show up, Google said Tuesday.
Google has created a Web site for developers that is focused exclusively on making Web applications, sites and browsers faster.
Europeans who purchase Vista-powered PCs starting Friday will have to do a "clean install" of the free Windows 7 upgrade they'll receive later this year because Microsoft has yanked Internet Explorer from the new OS, according to a Web site that regu...
Microsoft will turn off the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) tap on Aug. 15, the company said today.
ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor Infor on Monday is announcing the Infor Flex, a program it says will make it logistically and financially easier for customers to upgrade or switch to other Infor products.
Google has enhanced its search engine's capacity to index Adobe's Flash files, which are very popular on the Web but tricky for search engine spiders.
Saying that it still plans to launch Firefox 3.5 by the end of the month, Mozilla late Friday issued the new browser's first release candidate, the most stable and polished build delivered so far in the year-long development process.
A single mother who won a retrial after a US$220,000 verdict against her for sharing music files has now been ordered to pay $1.92 million by a jury in Minnesota.
The first question many people asked when Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus proposed the Village Phone idea was: Who will they call?
The Microsoft blogger who first called attention to a security vulnerability in Windows 7's User Account Control (UAC) feature claims it still exists and that Microsoft won't fix it, even as the company nears final code completion on the OS.
After promising that people can use Outlook "seamlessly" with the Gmail component of its Apps suite, Google is toning down those expectations.
The company in charge of providing technology to the U.S. intelligence community has invested in an open-source firm to provide enterprise-search technology to the CIA and other intelligence agencies.
Bing better deliver a bang for Microsoft.
After prompting by a group of privacy advocates, Google said Tuesday that it plans to test a more secure version of its Gmail service to see if it is viable.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA