Microsoft Corp. today announced it was expanding an antipiracy program for Office to the U.S., the U.K. and 11 other countries that will identify pirated copies of the suite and nag users with on-screen messages.
Software and Services
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
Apple's latest operating system update, Mac OSX Snow Leopard, should be ready to roll on August 28, and while Apple says the new OS is "refined, not reinvented," it'll become the de facto competitor to Microsoft Windows 7 come October. We love a good...
Mozilla Foundation officials last week launched a concerted campaign to prod European Union antitrust regulators to demand more from Microsoft Corp. than the browser ballot screen the company has promised to offer Windows 7 users later this year.
Apple has started selling Snow Leopard, its newest operating system
Pre-orders for Apple's Snow Leopard regained the top positions on Amazon.com's bestseller list Monday after Apple announced that it would start selling the upgrade at the end of this week.
Yahoo hopes to remain relevant and competitive in the search engine market, battling for users not only against nemesis Google but also against its future search partner, Microsoft.
Microsoft on Monday stepped up plans to push Windows 7 upgrades to European users. The company said its decision to keep Internet Explorer 8 in the OS in Europe has enabled it to make a family-pack option available to customers there in October.
Microsoft's Developer and Platform Evangelism Interoperability team is introducing on Friday an open source project to bridge PHP and Microsoft's .Net programming model, Microsoft representatives said.
Windows Live Hotmail users have been venting their frustration at Microsoft Corp. for the past month since the software maker suddenly removed a popular feature because it created a security hole.
Mounting clues point toward an Aug. 28 release date for Snow Leopard, the next version of Apple's Mac OS X operating system.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday began hiring employees for its coming retail stores in California and Arizona by posting a list on the Web of the six different positions available.
A Microsoft Windows 7 installation disk can be tweaked to install any version of the operating system, giving users a "try-before-buy" opportunity before upgrading to a more expensive edition, a popular newsletter revealed.
A California nonprofit is suing Lawson Software for more than US$1 million over an allegedly failed ERP (enterprise resource planning) implementation, according to documents filed last month in U.S. District Court for the Central District of Californ...
A Chinese court has sentenced four people to jail for pirating Microsoft's Windows XP operating system, China's state-owned media reported on Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCVendor ManagerVIC