As expected, Microsoft will let computer makers sell PCs with the aged Windows XP for six months after it releases Windows 7, a move that will confuse companies and make it tougher for them to manage their licensing, an analyst said today.
Software and Services
Dell is now offering Microsoft Office products for download, making it the first vendor other than Microsoft to do so.
A Microsoft enthusiast group is calling for the boycott of Opera Software's products due to the browser maker's part in the antitrust campaign against Microsoft in Europe.
Microsoft will offer European customers an "Internet Pack" that includes IE8 when they buy a retail copy of Windows 7, which will be sold sans browser, the company said late last week.
ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendor Infor and its investor, Golden Gate Capital, have formed a holding company to buy SoftBrands in a US$80 million deal that will further expand Infor's sprawling, acquisition-driven portfolio.
Microsoft has settled an antitrust case with Mississippi worth as much as US$100 million, the state said on Thursday.
Some PC vendors and sellers will begin a coupon program on June 26 to entitle people who buy premium versions of Microsoft Windows Vista to upgrade to the new Windows 7 operating system when it arrives later this year, but the upgrade offers may not ...
Microsoft's plan to dump Internet Explorer (IE) from Windows 7 for the European market is a move to discredit antitrust regulators by tying its proposal to a failed enforcement effort from 2005, a noted antitrust expert said today.
Kaspersky Lab has pre-announced the launch of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, promising a host of new features to protect users from security threats.
While Microsoft's Internet Explorer faces healthy competition with other browsers among consumers, in the enterprise it has long remained the de facto standard. But that could soon change as rivals -- particularly Mozilla and Google -- add features t...
Windows 7 will ship without Internet Explorer in Europe, in an effort by Microsoft to offer the product on time and without running afoul of competitive regulations in Europe, the company said.
The next version of Firefox will include next-generation features Mozilla hopes will help the browser stand apart from competitors.
The Google Chrome team is delivering on its promises to deliver Mac users a native version of the company's browser. A developer version of Chrome for both Mac and Linux users was released recently, but Google doesn't want you to download the softwar...
Laptops and desktops could see software performance gains with parallel programming tools built into Apple's new operating system, Mac OS X 10.6, which was introduced by the company on Monday.
Google has brought out a translator toolkit that combines the company's machine translation technology with online tools for manually editing content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia