<a href="http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=dosearch&search_news=1&search_reviews=1&&search_features=1&search_blogs=1&thecriteria=Fotolia">Fotolia</a> has launched its microstock video collection, w...
Software and Services
A web tool that answers questions directly rather than offering a list of search results could become as popular as Google, according to its inventor.
Timing is everything, Microsoft's Ray Ozzie told a crowd in Seattle on Friday.
Although Microsoft Corp. refuses to name a delivery date for Windows 7, it could launch the new operating system as early as August, according to timeline comparisons of significant dates for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Microsoft will unveil an add-on to Windows 7 that lets users run applications designed for Windows XP in a virtual machine, the company confirmed Friday -- the first time Microsoft has relied on virtualization to provide backward compatibility.
Prompted by the spread of the Conficker worm through infected USB drives, Microsoft Corp. will unveil changes in next week's public Windows 7 Release Candidate that are designed to stymie such hacker strategies.
Microsoft Corp. touts that Windows 7 is nimble enough to run on underpowered netbooks. But it also admits that its enticing new XP Mode may not work on netbooks, or many other computers of recent vintage.
Google Apps has gained a directory tool designed to simplify and accelerate the setup of this hosted collaboration and communication suite.
Microsoft plans to continue offering Windows XP for netbooks after the release of its next-generation operating system, Windows 7.
Microsoft Corp. will let users run Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for more than a year, giving them free use of the new operating system for a significantly longer time than it did Vista's previews.
Microsoft runs the risk of cannibalizing some server sales with the release of Windows Server 2008 Foundation Edition, a low-end version of the server operating system that will ship installed on servers that cost as little as US$500. But the potenti...
Microsoft Corp. Tuesday announced it had wrapped up work on Windows Vista Service Pack 2, but said it could be months before users get their hands on the upgrade to the problem-plagued operating system.
Google Inc. is running an experiment of sorts to follow the swine flu's path through Mexico.
Microsoft has asked the European Commission for an oral hearing with the regulator in order to defend itself against antitrust charges that it is illegally tying its Internet browser to the Windows operating system, a Commission spokesman said Wednes...
RealNetworks CEO Rob Glaser took the stand Tuesday in his company's ongoing legal battle against the motion picture industry, arguing that RealNetworks' DVD-copying software is not designed to create a free-for-all of illegal copying.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HFC services officially join NBN mix
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD