CombiTech has released VidBlaster 1.0, the first complete version of the desktop video production software. VidBlaster is Windows PC-based video production, broadcast, recording and streaming software for corporate, web and broadcast productions supp...
Software and Services - News
Just over a week after Microsoft handed Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) to the public, the new operating system's market share gains have started to slow, according to data from Web metrics vendor Net Applications.
Although Google's Chrome was the only browser left standing after March's Pwn2Own hacking contest, it was vulnerable to the same bug that a German college student used to bring down Apple's Safari, Google acknowledged this week.
The Microsoft executive in charge of Windows urged some companies this week to dump Vista deployment plans and shift to Windows 7, the operating system the company has promised to ship in the fourth quarter.
There's little doubt that Apple's App Store has proven wildly popular with iPhone and iPod touch users, who've downloaded more than a billion apps since the store opened for business less than a year ago. Naturally, most of us assume Apple's making a...
After months of problems that delayed the last two betas of Firefox 3.5, Mozilla Corp. is now on track to deliver the first release candidate early next month.
Google Inc. is blaming this morning's Google Apps service outage on a system error that caused a major traffic jam.
The Internet has been abuzz about widespread trouble with Google Inc.'s Google Apps service this morning.
Although Microsoft's next operating system is months away from release, the recession is already having an impact on Windows 7, a survey of 320 corporate administrators said today.
Digieffects has released FreeForm AE, a warping plug-in for Adobe After Effects that allows users to manipulate a flat object using a mesh in 3D space.
Toon Boom Animation has launched Toon Boom Studio 5, a new version of the Toon Boom Studio 2.5D animation software that adds stop-motion animation tools to its existing array of animation capabilities.
If you've got a PowerPoint presentation you want to share with others, but are having problems doing so, then DVDShow for PowerPoint is a simple solution. It converts any PowerPoint presentation into a an MPEG movie file or lets you burn it to DVD so...
Growth will have to come from higher productivity and innovation when the economy begins to recover, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer told developers gathered Wednesday in Hyderabad for the company's India edition of the Tech Ed conference.
Mac users have reported an unusual number of problems installing Mac OS X 10.5.7, the huge security and feature update that Apple unveiled yesterday.
Apple today patched 67 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, including two bugs that researchers used in March to walk off with $5,000 each in a noted hacking contest.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's new Paint 3D app drags physical objects into digital worlds
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT