Many Linux users are ticked off and anxious about Microsoft joining the Linux Foundation. They are missing the real significance of that move.
Software and Services - News
Just skimming your email? Here are some steps you can take to keep your messages marked as unread.
Facebook has reportedly developed a software tool that will help keep certain content away from users’ news feeds in certain geographies, reflecting the company’s apparent willingness to meet Chinese government censorship demands part of the way.
Facebook may soon help you find the closest public Wi-Fi access point with a new feature in its mobile app.
NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
With presidential election signs coming down from front lawns and voters watching protests on the news, many are wondering if fake news stories on Facebook and Google contributed to Donald Trump's winning the presidency.
Returning to the controversy over fake news on the social networking site, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said over the weekend that the company was working with fact-checking organizations to put in place third-party verification of the authenticity o...
This will allow those with 4K televisions and a Chromecast Ultra to take full advantage of their capabilities, though the titles are going to cost you extra.
Stung by ongoing criticism and evidence that some of its hosts discriminated against non-white guests, Airbnb this month began asking users to pledge to treat everyone equally.
Build 14971 says goodbye to the classic paint program and puts PowerShell up front instead of the command prompt.
A vulnerability in a multimedia framework present on some versions of Ubuntu can be exploited by sound files meant to be played on the venerable Nintendo Entertainment System, according to security researcher Chris Evans.
Twitter has new ways to keep the trolls from getting at you, as well as beefed up anti-abuse enforcement policies behind the scenes.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
YouTube now supports high-dynamic range video if you're rocking an HDR-capable TV.
Google Home launched to consumers in November, but many journalists got a sneak peek. Here's what they thought.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Microsoft to retire original Windows 10 on March 26
- Snapchat just got way easier to use thanks to a new search bar
- Microsoft is retiring the Blue Screen of Death for some users
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - CRMVIC
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCAgile CoachWA