NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
Software and Services - News
With presidential election signs coming down from front lawns and voters watching protests on the news, many are wondering if fake news stories on Facebook and Google contributed to Donald Trump's winning the presidency.
Returning to the controversy over fake news on the social networking site, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said over the weekend that the company was working with fact-checking organizations to put in place third-party verification of the authenticity o...
This will allow those with 4K televisions and a Chromecast Ultra to take full advantage of their capabilities, though the titles are going to cost you extra.
Stung by ongoing criticism and evidence that some of its hosts discriminated against non-white guests, Airbnb this month began asking users to pledge to treat everyone equally.
Build 14971 says goodbye to the classic paint program and puts PowerShell up front instead of the command prompt.
A vulnerability in a multimedia framework present on some versions of Ubuntu can be exploited by sound files meant to be played on the venerable Nintendo Entertainment System, according to security researcher Chris Evans.
Twitter has new ways to keep the trolls from getting at you, as well as beefed up anti-abuse enforcement policies behind the scenes.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
YouTube now supports high-dynamic range video if you're rocking an HDR-capable TV.
Google Home launched to consumers in November, but many journalists got a sneak peek. Here's what they thought.
Not content to cede the artificial intelligence market to Google, the AI effort will be a key part of a comeback after the Note7 fiasco.
Microsoft appears to be sneakily reinstating Windows 10 ads without explicit user permission. Weren't we done with all this?
Microsoft's new Slack-killer, Teams, swaps simplicity for rich interactions with colleagues that take advantage of the Office app suite.
You now have more sophisticated tools for drawing, wireframing projects, and editing photos on an Android phone or tablet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW