Facebook and Messenger get shiny new Windows 10 desktop apps, while Instagram becomes a fully featured mobile app.
Software and Services
Mark Zuckerberg expects artificial intelligence will progress to make computers better than humans at basic sensory perception within the next 10 years and Facebook will end up knowing a lot more about you.
Speaking at the Future Transport Solutions conference in Oslo, Norway, Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk said the upcoming Model 3 will be affordable for about half the population, but the vehicle after that will be affordable for virtually everyone.
Prime minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has hailed the University of New South Wales’ quantum computing research as the “best in the world.”
If you're running Marshmallow, the app can find and translate text directly without the need to hop over to Microsoft's app.
Google Chrome has done plenty of good for the Web, but its future looks uncertain as it hits version 50.
YouTube announced today that it is launching live streaming of 360-degree videos.
Netflix learns to never say never about downloading videos for offline viewing.
YouTube 360-degree live video is here, and you're first chance to see it will probably be during the Coachella festival on Saturday and Sunday.
Adobe Creative Cloud users at risk while company scrambles to find a fix for insecure and abandoned QuickTime.
Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
A peak body representing internet users has proposed that the federal government abandon fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) technology for the national broadband network in favour of ‘fibre-to-the-driveway.’
Facebook announced last week that businesses will be able to use chatbots in its popular Messenger app. Two companies, The Muppets Studio and theScore, have high hopes for chatbots in interacting with fans.
News Corp. is fighting Google at the European Commission over what it calls improper scraping of content for use in search results, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Similar to how the service curates music, Google Play will recommend podcasts based on what you feel like hearing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Windows 10 migration: At least it's not like last time
- CSIRO’s Data61 and Treasury join forces to examine the blockchain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW