Blockchain technology is not just useful for creating digital currencies such as Bitcoin or developing new financial technologies.
Software and Services
Viv is going to be a cross-platform assistant that replaces apps and chatbots with conversations.
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
After baking the SurfEasy VPN service into the Opera browser beta, the company is going mobile with a free VPN for iPhone and iPad. "We help people to break down the barriers of the web,” said SurfEasy's president.
Spotify’s video push includes 12 TV-style video series with musical themes.
Users respond loudly to Google’s testing of black search result links. The black links are bolder than blue, but complaints indicate it's harder to tell where you’ve been.
Microsoft aims to put that Surface stylus to good use with the Windows Ink suite coming in Windows 10's Anniversary Update.
The Australian Broadcasting commission is embarking on a massive reworking of its electronic, computing, Internet and archival facilities in what is set to be one of the biggest and most complex upgrade IT sequences seen in this country.
Microsoft has confirmed that it's stopped letting business customers block the Windows Store in Windows 10 Pro, annoying some users.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
At Interop 2016, Network World chats with John Pironti, president of IP Architects, about why ransomware is on the rise, and why many consumers and businesses are paying the ransom.
If you're headed to university in the fall, you may be able to get Apple Music for $5 a month.
What is Kodi, and why should you care: Everything you need to know about the free, open-source Kodi media player software
Kodi is a brilliant free multiplatform media player that also happens to be great for watching TV and films for free - illegally. Here's everything you need to know about Kodi, maybe the best open-source media-centre software on the market right now
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
For the first time since the technology launched last year, NBN has recorded revenue from fibre to the node (FTTN). Albeit only a trickle, even by the standards of the still-under-construction National Broadband Network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HFC services officially join NBN mix
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT