Build 14971 says goodbye to the classic paint program and puts PowerShell up front instead of the command prompt.
Software and Services - News
The head of Google's cloud business says she doesn't expect machine intelligence to exceed that of humans during her lifetime, despite recent rapid progress that has surprised many.
A vulnerability in a multimedia framework present on some versions of Ubuntu can be exploited by sound files meant to be played on the venerable Nintendo Entertainment System, according to security researcher Chris Evans.
Twitter has new ways to keep the trolls from getting at you, as well as beefed up anti-abuse enforcement policies behind the scenes.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
YouTube now supports high-dynamic range video if you're rocking an HDR-capable TV.
Google Home launched to consumers in November, but many journalists got a sneak peek. Here's what they thought.
Not content to cede the artificial intelligence market to Google, the AI effort will be a key part of a comeback after the Note7 fiasco.
Microsoft appears to be sneakily reinstating Windows 10 ads without explicit user permission. Weren't we done with all this?
Microsoft's new Slack-killer, Teams, swaps simplicity for rich interactions with colleagues that take advantage of the Office app suite.
You now have more sophisticated tools for drawing, wireframing projects, and editing photos on an Android phone or tablet.
Workplace collaboration has become increasingly focused on chat in the past couple years, and Microsoft is jumping into the new space with both feet, launching a new product it calls Teams.
Black market websites may have faced a disruption last week. U.S. and Western law enforcement agencies attempted to crack down on users of these sites for trading illegal drugs and goods.
It's been a tough week for Facebook when it comes to civil rights allegations.
Microsoft today quietly put an end to sales of Windows 7 licenses to computer makers.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- FTProject Manager - Finance BackgroundQLD
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Expert - Linux / MySql / ScriptQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- TPProcess Business Analyst - Digital InnovationNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW