Software Upgrade 3.2 to Nvidia's Shield Android TV media streamer will add a number of nifty updates for higher-quality video apps and games. However, it remains pricey compared to a traditional streaming device like Roku.
Software and Services
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
More than five years of updates for Windows 7 in a single package. It's about time.
The latest Windows 10 Mobile preview build kills Wi-Fi Sense, and makes it easier to navigate on Microsoft Edge.
You hated it in Windows 8, but the OneDrive universal app for Windows 10 is a helpful alternative to placeholders.
Those invited to a shared album can now comment and get 'smart' suggestions about which photos to add.
The NFL and YouTube have a new agreement that brings classic NFL games in full to Google's video site, as well as more NFL content in Google search.
The Waikato District Health Board service lets patients talk to their hospital doctor over their smartphone from home rather than having to travel to an appointment.
Microsoft's Edge browser has slipped to its smallest-ever percentage of Windows 10 in the U.S.
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
Opera announced a special low-power mode for its browser, which promises to dramatically extend battery life through optimizations.
Microsoft had planned to release a Windows 10 update to the company's beta testers today, but the build started showing up on some users' PCs late Tuesday.
Once a bloated ugly mess, Samsung’s TouchWiz interface now offers innovations that Google ought to borrow.
Opera Software yesterday released a free VPN app for Apple's iOS.
Microsoft today declined to confirm that it will end the on-screen campaign that nags Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users into upgrading to Windows 10.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC