Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
Software and Services - News
Shadow infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese has criticised the Coalition’s handling of the National Broadband Network and said that Labor “proposes to deliver fibre-based broadband” in contrast to the “copper-based system” being rolled out by the...
Labor leader Bill Shorten has offered new hints at the shape of the NBN policy that his party will take to the election.
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
The ACCC is looking for feedback on nbn Co’s proposed variations to its Special Access Undertaking (SAU).
More than ensuring that news articles load instantly, Google's new Accelerated Mobile Pages format is a peace offering to online publishers as they battle ad-blockers and the temptation to lock away their content in platforms like Facebook.
Ongoing leaks of sensitive documents at national broadband network (NBN) builder NBN Co were avoidable and highlight systematic failures in internal document controls, document-security specialists have warned as the fallout continues after the compa...
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Amazon Web Services consultancy 2nd Watch this week released the findings of an analysis of 100,000 public cloud instances to determine the 30 most popular services being used
This ensures that your recent work is available for you even if you wander into one of those pesky Internet dead zones.
Christopher Pyne said the NBN will deliver the internet speeds Australian consumers “want and need” and will be finished by 2020.
The government’s industry, innovation and science minister says the Coalition does not regret the decision to ditch the fibre to the premises (FTTP) blueprint for the National Broadband Network.
Microsoft has scaled back its Windows 10 release schedule to two feature upgrades a year, not the three annually it once envisioned.
Here are both ways of doing it.
The journalists' union has condemned as an attack on press freedom raids staged overnight by the Australian Federal Police.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Voice & VideoACT