Windows 10 devices in the future could be measuring temperature, environmental pressure and carbon dioxide levels, as Microsoft provides an interface to support a wide range of sensors.
Software and Services
Former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer may have loved basketball so much that he bought the L.A. Clippers, but it's the current CEO, Satya Nadella, who's showing that he can pick the winners of the NCAA Tournament better than his predictive s...
Twitter has started to let videos play automatically in some people's feeds, in a test that could allow it to make more money from video advertising.
Microsoft is looking beyond 4K with Windows 10 and bringing 8K support to the OS, years before TVs, monitors and content for that display resolution become widely available.
Although Microsoft will let pirates upgrade to Windows 10, the company's not giving them a free pass, the company confirmed today.
Microsoft will upgrade only those PCs and tablets running Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update to Windows 10 later this year via the Windows Update service, the company revealed Wednesday.
Microsoft will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 to users running pirated copies of earlier editions.
Microsoft yesterday confirmed that the new default browser in Windows 10 will not be named "Internet Explorer," essentially marking the end of a 20-year reign by the nameplate.
Microsoft is out to kill passwords by providing an option to log in to its upcoming Windows 10 OS, applications and Web services via fingerprint, face or iris detection.
With the backing of Google and Microsoft, the FIDO Alliance wants to kill passwords through biometrics like fingerprints and eye scans. Yahoo, however, is trying a different approach--one that looks a lot like the two-factor authentication we have no...
Samsung is bringing its free Milk Music streaming radio service to more users via the Web as promised in January.
The popular BitTorrent client uTorrent is facing a backlash after trying to turn a buck through cryptocurrency mining.
The Cryptolocker ransomeware virus has reared its ugly head once again on Australian shores.
More than a decade after burying Clippy, we're seeing echoes of the virtual assistant in Project Spartan, the lightweight new browser Microsoft is building for Windows 10. Cortana is going to be a centerpiece in Spartan, but unlike her anthropomorphi...
Microsoft is expected to release its "Project Spartan" lightweight browser in its next public preview of Windows 10, according to a report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTFraud AnalystVIC