The company rolling out the ‘nbn’ network has sent flyers to residents in St Kilda offering them $100 to sign up to the nbn.
Software and Services - News
Shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus said confidence in the independence of the police had been undermined following a raid last night on the Melbourne office of Labor Senator Stephen Conroy.
Australian Federal Police commissioner Andrew Colvin has denied suggestions that its decision to conduct a raid overnight on a Melbourne office of Labor Senator Stephen Conroy was subject to political influence.
The Australian Federal Police has confirmed it carried out a raid on the office of Labor Senator Stephen Conroy yesterday evening.
Google took the wraps off its virtual reality strategy at its I/O developer conference and gave enterprises a look at what could be their next marketing or training tool.
Software Upgrade 3.2 to Nvidia's Shield Android TV media streamer will add a number of nifty updates for higher-quality video apps and games. However, it remains pricey compared to a traditional streaming device like Roku.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
More than five years of updates for Windows 7 in a single package. It's about time.
The latest Windows 10 Mobile preview build kills Wi-Fi Sense, and makes it easier to navigate on Microsoft Edge.
You hated it in Windows 8, but the OneDrive universal app for Windows 10 is a helpful alternative to placeholders.
Those invited to a shared album can now comment and get 'smart' suggestions about which photos to add.
The NFL and YouTube have a new agreement that brings classic NFL games in full to Google's video site, as well as more NFL content in Google search.
The Waikato District Health Board service lets patients talk to their hospital doctor over their smartphone from home rather than having to travel to an appointment.
Microsoft's Edge browser has slipped to its smallest-ever percentage of Windows 10 in the U.S.
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Buggy Windows 7 cumulative update? Just tell us, says Microsoft
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Successful launch for second NBN satellite
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD