Netflix learns to never say never about downloading videos for offline viewing.
Software and Services
YouTube 360-degree live video is here, and you're first chance to see it will probably be during the Coachella festival on Saturday and Sunday.
Adobe Creative Cloud users at risk while company scrambles to find a fix for insecure and abandoned QuickTime.
Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
A peak body representing internet users has proposed that the federal government abandon fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) technology for the national broadband network in favour of ‘fibre-to-the-driveway.’
Facebook announced last week that businesses will be able to use chatbots in its popular Messenger app. Two companies, The Muppets Studio and theScore, have high hopes for chatbots in interacting with fans.
News Corp. is fighting Google at the European Commission over what it calls improper scraping of content for use in search results, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Similar to how the service curates music, Google Play will recommend podcasts based on what you feel like hearing.
The new iPad Pro has the hardware needed to make it an easy editing tool for videographers on the go. This video was imported directly to the iPad and edited in iMovie.
A “MacOS” reference appears on Apple’s Environment page, hinting at alignment with iOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
Windows users running Apple’s QuickTime are being advised to uninstall the program after the discovery of a number of Zero day vulnerabilities.
Microsoft keeps moving with Windows 10 Mobile, complementing its recent desktop update with improvements to Action Center, Cortana, and the user interface. The new emoji provide a nice dollop of fun.
Microsoft wants a federal court to invalidate part of a 1986 law that it alleged has been abused by the government when authorities demand customers' data.
Chrome is giving up on XP two years after Microsoft ended support for the aging operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- A lawsuit over an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade just cost Microsoft $10,000
- Obama, Zuckerberg push better broadband, innovative startups
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Pirate website blocking: Court to wrestle with definition of ‘online location’
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT