Opera touts its new battery-saving technology as a feature that will help you browse the Web longer, but its real advantage is for PCs that are long in the tooth.
Software and Services - News
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The latest version of the key document offering security guidance to government agencies — the Information Security Manual — has been updated to take into account the impending threat to encryption posed by quantum computing.
While just one in five broadband households own a smart device, and only one in ten purchased one in 2015, a significant number plan to consider a smart home device this year.
Gustav Grundin, an associate principle in McKinsey & Co’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology Practice in Asia, claims there is a very close correlation between a nation’s economic performance and its level of connectivity, and says that connect...
Former independent MP Tony Windsor has said that the conflict over the technology used to underpin the National Broadband Network is about politics not the cost of a fibre to the premises (FTTP) rollout.
"Microsoft's practices with their newest operating system, named Windows 10, has been ignorantly unethical at best and malicious at worst," wrote the petition organizer, Todd Kleinpaste.
Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
Shadow infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese has criticised the Coalition’s handling of the National Broadband Network and said that Labor “proposes to deliver fibre-based broadband” in contrast to the “copper-based system” being rolled out by the...
Labor leader Bill Shorten has offered new hints at the shape of the NBN policy that his party will take to the election.
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
The ACCC is looking for feedback on nbn Co’s proposed variations to its Special Access Undertaking (SAU).
More than ensuring that news articles load instantly, Google's new Accelerated Mobile Pages format is a peace offering to online publishers as they battle ad-blockers and the temptation to lock away their content in platforms like Facebook.
Ongoing leaks of sensitive documents at national broadband network (NBN) builder NBN Co were avoidable and highlight systematic failures in internal document controls, document-security specialists have warned as the fallout continues after the compa...
Microsoft's interpretation of the "Close" button in a notification of an impending Windows 10 upgrade is contrary to its own design guidelines.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- How to restore missing desktop icons on Windows
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCUI DeveloperACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD