Many people continue to call for Labor to order a Royal Commission into the NBN should they return to power. It’s not surprising why… the $36bn FttH national rollout has turned into a $60bn failed upgrade to the existing copper network with many que...
Software and Services - News
Telstra will this weekend open up access to its national Wi-Fi network to mark World Wi-Fi Day.
NBN’s chairman, Ziggy Switkowski, has done a “remarkable job,” Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said today. Under Switkowski and CEO Bill Morrow, NBN has undergone a “phenomenal turnaround,” the prime minister claimed during a doorstop interview.
Australian licences will go digital from mid-August and NSW is first off the rank, sources close to the government have confirmed.
An op-ed penned by NBN’s chairman, Ziggy Switkowski, violated the caretaker conventions that guide the activities of the public service during an election campaign, according to the secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC).
Up to 2 million more homes will receive fibre to the premises (FTTP) under Labor’s National Broadband Network election policy.
Opera touts its new battery-saving technology as a feature that will help you browse the Web longer, but its real advantage is for PCs that are long in the tooth.
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
The latest version of the key document offering security guidance to government agencies — the Information Security Manual — has been updated to take into account the impending threat to encryption posed by quantum computing.
While just one in five broadband households own a smart device, and only one in ten purchased one in 2015, a significant number plan to consider a smart home device this year.
Gustav Grundin, an associate principle in McKinsey & Co’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology Practice in Asia, claims there is a very close correlation between a nation’s economic performance and its level of connectivity, and says that connect...
Former independent MP Tony Windsor has said that the conflict over the technology used to underpin the National Broadband Network is about politics not the cost of a fibre to the premises (FTTP) rollout.
"Microsoft's practices with their newest operating system, named Windows 10, has been ignorantly unethical at best and malicious at worst," wrote the petition organizer, Todd Kleinpaste.
Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
Shadow infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese has criticised the Coalition’s handling of the National Broadband Network and said that Labor “proposes to deliver fibre-based broadband” in contrast to the “copper-based system” being rolled out by the...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snapchat just got way easier to use thanks to a new search bar
- Microsoft is retiring the Blue Screen of Death for some users
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC