After baking the SurfEasy VPN service into the Opera browser beta, the company is going mobile with a free VPN for iPhone and iPad. "We help people to break down the barriers of the web,” said SurfEasy's president.
Software and Services
Spotify’s video push includes 12 TV-style video series with musical themes.
Users respond loudly to Google’s testing of black search result links. The black links are bolder than blue, but complaints indicate it's harder to tell where you’ve been.
Microsoft aims to put that Surface stylus to good use with the Windows Ink suite coming in Windows 10's Anniversary Update.
The Australian Broadcasting commission is embarking on a massive reworking of its electronic, computing, Internet and archival facilities in what is set to be one of the biggest and most complex upgrade IT sequences seen in this country.
Microsoft has confirmed that it's stopped letting business customers block the Windows Store in Windows 10 Pro, annoying some users.
At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
At Interop 2016, Network World chats with John Pironti, president of IP Architects, about why ransomware is on the rise, and why many consumers and businesses are paying the ransom.
If you're headed to university in the fall, you may be able to get Apple Music for $5 a month.
What is Kodi, and why should you care: Everything you need to know about the free, open-source Kodi media player software
Kodi is a brilliant free multiplatform media player that also happens to be great for watching TV and films for free - illegally. Here's everything you need to know about Kodi, maybe the best open-source media-centre software on the market right now
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
For the first time since the technology launched last year, NBN has recorded revenue from fibre to the node (FTTN). Albeit only a trickle, even by the standards of the still-under-construction National Broadband Network.
There is strong concern for the lack of STEM skills across the nation and HP and Intel partnered to champion focus on tackling this issue.
NBN said it is weeks away from hitting 1 million premises across Australia with an active connection to the national broadband network.
nbn has revealed its third quarter results, showing a total revenue $111 million, an increase of more than 158 per cent versus the previous corresponding period in fiscal year 2015.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT