Microsoft gave users their first big taste of new features in its Windows 10 Anniversary Update with a new beta build of its operating system released Wednesday.
Software and Services
Microsoft wants to make the Raspberry Pi 3 computer easier to use for people who want to be makers but haven't worked with hardware before.
You'll find no driver and no cockpit, but plenty of processing power in Roborace's autonomous racecar, thanks to Nvidia's lunchbox-sized Drive PX 2 supercomputer.
The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology ...
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
The new Twitter account posts stories from publishing partners that are deep-linked to the News app on iOS.
Google Calendar users now have the ability to add floating reminders from their desktop web browser that will follow them around to other Google services, thanks to a feature the company added Tuesday.
“Faster and more reliable connectivity is vital to all New Zealanders."
Twitter amps up its Direct Messaging appeal by making it easier to send a Tweet in a private convo.
Here's what Nvidia's monstrous new Pascal GPU looks like under the hood. Let's dive into the tech specs.
Windows 10 will have grabbed about 20 per cent of the PC operating system market by its one-year anniversary this summer.
Nvidia's varied list of developer tools were messily organized in different kits, but that's not the case anymore.
Edge may be far behind other browsers in the eyes of users, but the race isn't over just yet.
NBN will push ahead with a discounting scheme for one of the major charges it levies on retail service providers (RSPs) that sell services over the National Broadband Network.
Outlook Premium could hit a sweet spot for users who want personalized email addresses without a full-blown Office 365 subscription.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ‘Absolutely not’: No regrets ditching NBN FTTP rollout, says Pyne
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- NBN leaks: Journalist union slams AFP raids
- nbn co paying customers $100 to sign up
- Dreyfus: Confidence in AFP undermined by NBN leak raids
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC