Opera Software has unveiled the release candidate version of its web browser Opera 10.
Software and Services
Microsoft Corp.'s lawyers late yesterday said the verdict that awarded a Canadian developer nearly $300 million in damages and resulted in an impending ban on sales of the company's popular Word software was a "miscarriage of justice."
A panel of federal judges has granted Microsoft Corp.'s request for a fast-track appeal of the injunction that prohibits the company from selling its popular Word software after Oct. 10.
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) on Wednesday launched a campaign against Microsoft Corp.'s upcoming Windows 7 operating system, calling it "treacherous computing" that stealthily takes away rights from users.
As promised more than a month ago, Microsoft began pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises yesterday via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Emphasizing its support of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and the so-called Open Web, Google will help host the SVG Open 2009 conference in October, pitching it as the "premier forum" for SVG designers, developers, and implementers.
Microsoft Corp. today announced it was expanding an antipiracy program for Office to the U.S., the U.K. and 11 other countries that will identify pirated copies of the suite and nag users with on-screen messages.
Microsoft has launched OneApp, which allows cheaper phones from Nokia and Sony Ericsson to access social-networking services like Facebook, Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, the company announced Monday.
Apple's latest operating system update, Mac OSX Snow Leopard, should be ready to roll on August 28, and while Apple says the new OS is "refined, not reinvented," it'll become the de facto competitor to Microsoft Windows 7 come October. We love a good...
Mozilla Foundation officials last week launched a concerted campaign to prod European Union antitrust regulators to demand more from Microsoft Corp. than the browser ballot screen the company has promised to offer Windows 7 users later this year.
Apple has started selling Snow Leopard, its newest operating system
Pre-orders for Apple's Snow Leopard regained the top positions on Amazon.com's bestseller list Monday after Apple announced that it would start selling the upgrade at the end of this week.
Yahoo hopes to remain relevant and competitive in the search engine market, battling for users not only against nemesis Google but also against its future search partner, Microsoft.
Microsoft on Monday stepped up plans to push Windows 7 upgrades to European users. The company said its decision to keep Internet Explorer 8 in the OS in Europe has enabled it to make a family-pack option available to customers there in October.
Microsoft's Developer and Platform Evangelism Interoperability team is introducing on Friday an open source project to bridge PHP and Microsoft's .Net programming model, Microsoft representatives said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Turnbull touts UNSW’s quantum capability as “world’s best”
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Chrome turns 50 and stands at a crossroads
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW