To every thing there is a season, and for some technologies the time to die is almost upon us.
Software and Services
Google transforms its everything-for-everyone social network into a site that does one thing really well -- connecting supernerds.
20 years ago Microsoft released Windows 95, and the world lined up for it. 20 years later, things have changed.
You can use Cortana on a Mac, but not Siri. Why does this make sense?
Windows 10 isn't really free. Realising why and how it isn't really free can help you understand why installing the operating system on 1 billion systems by 2017 is such a big deal for Microsoft--and why this version of Windows is very different at i...
Windows 10's alluring blend of bribery and compromise will surely win back disillusioned Windows 8 users once the operating system hits PCs on July 29.
The password-storage maker LastPass announced the worst possible news for a company in its business on Monday: its password database was breached and user account information stolen. Because LastPass allows central storage and synchronization of your...
There's nothing like saving a bit of money, but it's especially sweet when you can take advantage of a service that has been designed to offer user incentives. We are talking about Sydney's Opal card. It’s a public transport card that can indeed save...
I recently had an experience that epitomizes everything that's wrong with Microsoft and why it is rapidly being tossed into the Recycling Bin of history.
Everybody loves Gmail, right? Wrong. My friend Shelly is so fed up with its "threaded" conversation view, he's ready to jump ship for Hotmail, Yahoo, or another service.
804. That's how many versions of Linux there are now, according to the definitive guide, DistroWatch.com. And yet people complain that six versions of Windows 7 is far too many.
The following is a reader-written article from David Pinkus, a former high-level Google employee who is now senior vice president of information technology for Universal Technical Institute.
Google's decision to build a PC operating system could be a master stroke or a colossal blunder, depending on whether the company has the resources that such an ambitious and long-term undertaking will require.
I find it's best to live by a few simple rules. I don't micturate into the wind. I don't mix tequila with red wine (not any more, anyway). I never get into arm-wrestling matches with fat guys named "Tiny."
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) has gone from a curiosity to the mainstream in just a few years as businesses turn to the technology to take advantage of the inherent economies of scale. Yet that's only the beginning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD