Australian Immigration Minister, Peter Dutton, asked journalists to remove a creepy photo taken of him from a press conference where he blamed refugee advocates for refugees inflicting self-harm in the "refugee camp" on Nauru. Cartoonist David Pope articulated the claims thusly, to great acclaim. The response from the internet at being asked to remove the unflattering picture was exactly what one would expect from the internet were it to ever be asked to remove an unflattering picture.
Software and Services
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
Tech lovers and party-goers alike headed down to Mrs Macquarie's Chair to be part of the world-first Windows 10 Launch Party. The night featured a presentation by Microsoft Australia managing director, Pip Marlow, DJs, live demonstrations and digital artistry by Lister.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
These new and improved features in Windows Server 8 will make many Windows administrators very happy.
Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Linus Torvalds's fabled 'world domination' on the desktops of clerks or CEOs may never arrive, but it's already here on the computers of programmers everywhere
Apple says its latest Mac OS X version will be released this [southern ] winter; here's a look at what to expect.
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
You can't appreciate the highs without looking at the lows. Here are 20 of this year's biggest failures in consumer technology
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these examples how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
How to spot -- and take down -- the six most nefarious adversaries of IT
These free and open source applications for Windows, Linux, and Mac desktops put power into the hands of users without taking from their wallets
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC to scrutinise impact of NBN, 5G on telco competition
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- Microsoft Word gains powerful Editor, Researcher tools to help you write more good
- Aussie regulator calls for greater broadband speed transparency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW