Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
Software and Services
These new and improved features in Windows Server 8 will make many Windows administrators very happy.
Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Linus Torvalds's fabled 'world domination' on the desktops of clerks or CEOs may never arrive, but it's already here on the computers of programmers everywhere
Apple says its latest Mac OS X version will be released this [southern ] winter; here's a look at what to expect.
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
You can't appreciate the highs without looking at the lows. Here are 20 of this year's biggest failures in consumer technology
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these examples how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
How to spot -- and take down -- the six most nefarious adversaries of IT
These free and open source applications for Windows, Linux, and Mac desktops put power into the hands of users without taking from their wallets
IE 9's main browser window takes minimalism to a new level.
It's not often hard to guess what Steve Ballmer is feeling. The Microsoft CEO has one of the most recognized, and photographed, faces in the IT industry - and it's also one of the most expressive.
As the great sci-fi novelist Robert A. Heinlein once said, "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." It is this spirit that inspires many of the artists of the House of Linux (and by extension, the House of Open Source). They poke fun at others and each other. Here is a selection of some of my favorite examples of humorous Linux wallpaper, posters and other illustrations.
Users might have a love/hate relationship with Novell's SUSE Studio. Here are five things we love and five things we disliked about the product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft tightens Windows 10's Secure Boot screws: Where does that leave Linux?
- Microsoft prepares Windows 10 for panoply of sensors
- Microsoft's Satya Nadella is picking March Madness winners better than Bing
- Twitter tests videos that play automatically
- Microsoft to support 8K video resolutions with Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW