Australian Immigration Minister, Peter Dutton, asked journalists to remove a creepy photo taken of him from a press conference where he blamed refugee advocates for refugees inflicting self-harm in the "refugee camp" on Nauru. Cartoonist David Pope articulated the claims thusly, to great acclaim. The response from the internet at being asked to remove the unflattering picture was exactly what one would expect from the internet were it to ever be asked to remove an unflattering picture.
Software and Services - Slideshows
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
Tech lovers and party-goers alike headed down to Mrs Macquarie's Chair to be part of the world-first Windows 10 Launch Party. The night featured a presentation by Microsoft Australia managing director, Pip Marlow, DJs, live demonstrations and digital artistry by Lister.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
These new and improved features in Windows Server 8 will make many Windows administrators very happy.
Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Linus Torvalds's fabled 'world domination' on the desktops of clerks or CEOs may never arrive, but it's already here on the computers of programmers everywhere
Apple says its latest Mac OS X version will be released this [southern ] winter; here's a look at what to expect.
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
You can't appreciate the highs without looking at the lows. Here are 20 of this year's biggest failures in consumer technology
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these top 10 tips how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
How to spot -- and take down -- the six most nefarious adversaries of IT
These free and open source applications for Windows, Linux, and Mac desktops put power into the hands of users without taking from their wallets
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snapchat just got way easier to use thanks to a new search bar
- Microsoft is retiring the Blue Screen of Death for some users
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Google's Trusted Contacts pings your loved ones when you need them most
- Chrome 55 pushes Flash into the background
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- CCSenior Transition and Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPSAP Implementation Manager - Finance System ProjectQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA