The Web browser turns 15 on Oct. 13, 2009 - a key milestone in the history of the Internet. That’s when the first commercial Web browser - eventually called Netscape Navigator - was released as beta code. While researchers including World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and a team at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications created Unix browsers between 1991 and 1994, Netscape Navigator made this small piece of desktop software a household name.
Software and Services
FL Studio keeps getting better with a host of new tweaks and innovations. Version 9 of this software music production environment is the culmination of more than 10 years of development and with the company's policy of a lifetime free upgrades for online buyers, you really do get bang for your buck!
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to various common locations on your computer.
If you aren't lucky enough to have a real Polaroid camera and a stockpile of film, just upload your photos to Rollip.com
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
There might be thousands and thousands of game choices at the App Store, but the sad truth is that most of them aren't worth your time -- or money.
Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
In the arena of world-class search, can Bing bring the hurt to Google and Yahoo? Microsoft's newest search engine comes packed with search tools such as an Explorer Pane for refining searches, Quick Previews for sneaking a peek at a site before visiting it, and Sentiment Extraction for making sense of product reviews.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
These 11 cross-platform apps based on AIR technology will help you streamline your YouTube experience, track client time accurately, stitch photos into one panoramic shot, and much more.
Get the most out of Google Maps with some of these pointers.
Wolfenstein 3D is a first-person shooter (FPS) game. The iPhone version has just been made available through the App Store. It's a direct port of the original version released in 1992 that launched the FPS genre.
iPhone applications are proliferating like rabbits, but not all of them are great. In fact some can get you into hot water.
Touch-screen computers, iPhone apps, and wireless cameras that stream video to the Web are on display at DEMO 09, the launchpad for emerging technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- Dell's OS10 aims to open up networks, then whole datacentres
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTChange LeadNSW