We unbox Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
With the latest iteration of Office, Microsoft pledges to bring the documents and services you need to run a business to any screen you choose, from a PC to a touch-enabled Windows Surface tablet or Windows 8 Phone.
You've no doubt read all about the Google Nexus 7 already, so I can't really tell you anything new. You've probably already formed an opinion on Android tablets, and I'd be willing to bet that your opinion is largely negative. What I can tell you is ...
An Apple iPad with a smaller screen, if released, could create tough decisions for buyers and slow the momentum of the current 9.7-inch iPad and a number of Android devices with 7-inch and 8-inch screens, analysts said on Thursday.
The Google Nexus 7 tablet resets expectations of what an inexpensive tablet can and should be.
Google last week announced its Nexus 7 tablet for US$199, but that isn't the only tablet available at that price. Amazon, Lenovo, Research In Motion and Barnes & Noble also offer $US199 tablets.
One of the big enhancements in the Android 4.0 (Jelly Bean) operating system update that Google announced on June 27 is improved voice recognition in search. You can now ask your Android phone questions in a natural way--meaning you no longer have to...
Google has announced its Nexus 7 which will launch this month and rival the Amazon Kindle Fire.
There are many things for which us Android fans are supposedly jealous of the iPad, yet few have made our eyes more green than Flipboard. This news aggregator app is marketed as a 'social magazine', previously available only on iPad, but now free for...
Acer's Iconia Tab A700 tablet offers a bright 10.1-in. display and fast performance; it is definitely one to consider.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet, the company's Android Jelly Bean-powered device, is heavy on the specs as it guns for Amazon's Kindle Fire and the Nook Tablet.
Although it isn't trying to directly compete against Apple's new iPad, the Google Nexus 7 Android tablet will naturally be compared to the iPad.
After a day of Google I/O announcements, I finally got my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. I found that there are a few things that Google has done right with this update---and a few issues that s...
Once again, Asus delivers a complete package with its Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Android tablet.
With the unveiling of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft completes the circuit it promised last fall at its BUILD developers conference. Even though the company took a meandering, lumbering route, today we're seeing a compelling combined desktop and mobile v...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMobile Gaming SupportQLD
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD