We unbox Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
With the latest iteration of Office, Microsoft pledges to bring the documents and services you need to run a business to any screen you choose, from a PC to a touch-enabled Windows Surface tablet or Windows 8 Phone.
You've no doubt read all about the Google Nexus 7 already, so I can't really tell you anything new. You've probably already formed an opinion on Android tablets, and I'd be willing to bet that your opinion is largely negative. What I can tell you is ...
An Apple iPad with a smaller screen, if released, could create tough decisions for buyers and slow the momentum of the current 9.7-inch iPad and a number of Android devices with 7-inch and 8-inch screens, analysts said on Thursday.
The Google Nexus 7 tablet resets expectations of what an inexpensive tablet can and should be.
Google last week announced its Nexus 7 tablet for US$199, but that isn't the only tablet available at that price. Amazon, Lenovo, Research In Motion and Barnes & Noble also offer $US199 tablets.
One of the big enhancements in the Android 4.0 (Jelly Bean) operating system update that Google announced on June 27 is improved voice recognition in search. You can now ask your Android phone questions in a natural way--meaning you no longer have to...
Google has announced its Nexus 7 which will launch this month and rival the Amazon Kindle Fire.
There are many things for which us Android fans are supposedly jealous of the iPad, yet few have made our eyes more green than Flipboard. This news aggregator app is marketed as a 'social magazine', previously available only on iPad, but now free for...
Acer's Iconia Tab A700 tablet offers a bright 10.1-in. display and fast performance; it is definitely one to consider.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet, the company's Android Jelly Bean-powered device, is heavy on the specs as it guns for Amazon's Kindle Fire and the Nook Tablet.
Although it isn't trying to directly compete against Apple's new iPad, the Google Nexus 7 Android tablet will naturally be compared to the iPad.
After a day of Google I/O announcements, I finally got my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. I found that there are a few things that Google has done right with this update---and a few issues that s...
Once again, Asus delivers a complete package with its Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Android tablet.
With the unveiling of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft completes the circuit it promised last fall at its BUILD developers conference. Even though the company took a meandering, lumbering route, today we're seeing a compelling combined desktop and mobile v...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCApplication Support Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC