With the latest iteration of Office, Microsoft pledges to bring the documents and services you need to run a business to any screen you choose, from a PC to a touch-enabled Windows Surface tablet or Windows 8 Phone.
Tablets & eBook readers
You've no doubt read all about the Google Nexus 7 already, so I can't really tell you anything new. You've probably already formed an opinion on Android tablets, and I'd be willing to bet that your opinion is largely negative. What I can tell you is ...
An Apple iPad with a smaller screen, if released, could create tough decisions for buyers and slow the momentum of the current 9.7-inch iPad and a number of Android devices with 7-inch and 8-inch screens, analysts said on Thursday.
The Google Nexus 7 tablet resets expectations of what an inexpensive tablet can and should be.
Google last week announced its Nexus 7 tablet for US$199, but that isn't the only tablet available at that price. Amazon, Lenovo, Research In Motion and Barnes & Noble also offer $US199 tablets.
One of the big enhancements in the Android 4.0 (Jelly Bean) operating system update that Google announced on June 27 is improved voice recognition in search. You can now ask your Android phone questions in a natural way--meaning you no longer have to...
Google has announced its Nexus 7 which will launch this month and rival the Amazon Kindle Fire.
There are many things for which us Android fans are supposedly jealous of the iPad, yet few have made our eyes more green than Flipboard. This news aggregator app is marketed as a 'social magazine', previously available only on iPad, but now free for...
Acer's Iconia Tab A700 tablet offers a bright 10.1-in. display and fast performance; it is definitely one to consider.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet, the company's Android Jelly Bean-powered device, is heavy on the specs as it guns for Amazon's Kindle Fire and the Nook Tablet.
Although it isn't trying to directly compete against Apple's new iPad, the Google Nexus 7 Android tablet will naturally be compared to the iPad.
After a day of Google I/O announcements, I finally got my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system. I found that there are a few things that Google has done right with this update---and a few issues that s...
Once again, Asus delivers a complete package with its Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Android tablet.
With the unveiling of Windows Phone 8, Microsoft completes the circuit it promised last fall at its BUILD developers conference. Even though the company took a meandering, lumbering route, today we're seeing a compelling combined desktop and mobile v...
Microsoft's new Surface tablets may not match Apple's iPad on battery life, according to estimates made by Computerworld based on comparable devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW