During their splashy press conference on Monday, Steve Ballmer and the other Microsoft execs referred to the company's upcoming Surface devices as tablets. So it makes sense to compare them to other tablets, right?
Tablets & eBook readers
Microsoft's introduction Monday of the new Surface tablet may have been dramatic - one analyst said it was "radical" - because of the company's decision to circumvent its hardware partners, but the presentation left as many questions unanswered as it...
Apple has little to worry about from Microsoft's tradition-breaking move to sell its own tablets, analysts said today.
A Windows 8 tablet that's thin, light and easy on power consumption naturally invites comparisons with the iPad, so here goes.
My quick hands-on with the new 10.6-in. Surface tablets at Microsoft's launch gave me a little surprise: The edges on all four sides are sharp.
We take a look at Microsoft's new 10.6in Windows tablet.
The Microsoft Surface has a 10.6in display, is powered by the company's new Windows 8 operating system and boasts a magnesium case.
Microsoft introduced its own tablet line on Monday, dubbed "Surface," breaking with a 37-year tradition of never competing directly with the hardware partners that have helped make Windows the most successful operating system ever.
The buzz around Windows tablets is at fever pitch now, on the eve of Microsoft's mystery announcement in Los Angeles on Monday.
It’s been a busy start to Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference: Not only was the keynote jam-packed with information, but the company continued to release products and programs throughout the day—enough to make anyone’s head reel a bit.
We unbox ASUS' latest Android tablet, the quad-core powered Transformer Pad TF300.
Currently, the iPad is best known as a consumer device, designed more for the enjoyment of content rather than the creation of it. But there's no denying its growing popularity for all kinds of applications, including content creation and other busin...
Editor's Note: Now that Apple's third-generation has arrived in stores, that means a lot of earlier models of Apple's tablet could find themselves looking for work. If you're upgrading to a new iPad, you don't necessarily have to sell your old tablet...
How does the "new iPad" stack up to Android tablets, specifically what we think is the best Android tablet on the market: the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime?
You know that your new iPad will let you easily watch movies, browse the Internet, or play games on the go, but plenty of advanced features hidden beneath the surface of iOS can improve your tablet computing experience even further.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- The world's first Ubuntu tablet opens preorders, converging PCs and mobile devices
- Everything that Apple announced on March 21
- Will an iPad Air 2 case fit on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW