Microsoft's new Surface tablets may not match Apple's iPad on battery life, according to estimates made by Computerworld based on comparable devices.
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
How does The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity stack up to the Apple iPad? Let's find out.
During their splashy press conference on Monday, Steve Ballmer and the other Microsoft execs referred to the company's upcoming Surface devices as tablets. So it makes sense to compare them to other tablets, right?
Microsoft's introduction Monday of the new Surface tablet may have been dramatic - one analyst said it was "radical" - because of the company's decision to circumvent its hardware partners, but the presentation left as many questions unanswered as it...
Apple has little to worry about from Microsoft's tradition-breaking move to sell its own tablets, analysts said today.
A Windows 8 tablet that's thin, light and easy on power consumption naturally invites comparisons with the iPad, so here goes.
My quick hands-on with the new 10.6-in. Surface tablets at Microsoft's launch gave me a little surprise: The edges on all four sides are sharp.
We take a look at Microsoft's new 10.6in Windows tablet.
The Microsoft Surface has a 10.6in display, is powered by the company's new Windows 8 operating system and boasts a magnesium case.
Microsoft introduced its own tablet line on Monday, dubbed "Surface," breaking with a 37-year tradition of never competing directly with the hardware partners that have helped make Windows the most successful operating system ever.
The buzz around Windows tablets is at fever pitch now, on the eve of Microsoft's mystery announcement in Los Angeles on Monday.
It’s been a busy start to Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference: Not only was the keynote jam-packed with information, but the company continued to release products and programs throughout the day—enough to make anyone’s head reel a bit.
We unbox ASUS' latest Android tablet, the quad-core powered Transformer Pad TF300.
Currently, the iPad is best known as a consumer device, designed more for the enjoyment of content rather than the creation of it. But there's no denying its growing popularity for all kinds of applications, including content creation and other busin...
Editor's Note: Now that Apple's third-generation has arrived in stores, that means a lot of earlier models of Apple's tablet could find themselves looking for work. If you're upgrading to a new iPad, you don't necessarily have to sell your old tablet...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW