Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 tablet has finally been released in the US, meaning the first reviews have been published. So, what do the experts think of Apple's 'faster, thinner and lighter' tablet?
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
At this week's Samsung Forum 2011 in Singapore, we got the chance to get some hands-on time with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the successor to the original Galaxy Tab Android tablet. The new Tab 10.1 runs version 3.0 of Google's Android operating sys...
Apple's iPad 2, unveiled by CEO Steve Jobs in a surprise appearance Wednesday at an invitation-only media event, is thinner, lighter, faster and more full-featured, and incorporates enough changes and updates to maintain Apple's strong sales in the t...
Honeycomb is a whole different beast from the Android we've come to know. While previous versions of Google's mobile operating system were built for smartphones, Honeycomb -- also known as Android 3.0 -- is the first to be designed specifically for t...
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 tablet has finally been unveiled, but is it that much better than its predecessor?
iPad 2 vs. Motorola Xoom vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs. HP TouchPad vs. Blackberry Playbook: the ultimate comparison
Judged on specs alone, the Apple iPad 2 doesn't do much more than keep pace with its tablet rivals. It's a bit thinner that its major rivals -- the Motorola Xoom, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the HP TouchPad, and the RIM BlackBerry PlayBook -- and it...
Apple's new iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor, and is powered by an Apple-designed dual-core processor.
Android has always frustrated me. I've tracked Google's mobile operating system ever since its debut on the T-Mobile G1, and time and again I've seen new versions fall short of overhauling the interface into a clean, user-friendly experience that can...
All eyes are on the Motorola Xoom tablet, and for good reason: It's the first device in an expected multitude to ship with Google's tablet-optimized Android 3.0 (Honeycomb). The Xoom has a lot of features to like, and a lot to set it apart from the e...
First things first: The Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet is no iPad-killer -- yet.
To buy or not to buy? That's the question right now as the Motorola Xoom, Google's first Android Honeycomb tablet, gets ready to make its grand debut.
It's a rare week indeed that doesn't see the emergence of some fresh news of Android's ascendance, but lately the evidence has been coming particularly fast and furious, suggesting that there really is no stopping the mobile platform--at least not an...
The BlackBerry PlayBook is nearing its final build with fully working tablets on public show at Mobile World Congress and one stand representative going so far as to refer to a PlayBook as "my own". All that's left, we're told, is battery optimisatio...
Samsung was the first manufacturer to provide a credible iPad competitor with its Samsung Galaxy Tab and the company has just lifted the lid on its predecessor, the larger, more powerful Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v.
Apple's iPad 2 is just weeks away from becoming a reality, according to the latest rumours. Just what does Apple have up its sleeve to entice consumers in 2011?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA