The 2014 World Cup has kicked off! Even if you’re happy to sacrifice sleep like us, life can get in the way; work, commutes, driving, and ill-timed commitments are a few disruptions. The following is a guide to help you stream the World Cup when out ...
Tablets & eBook readers - Features
Savage competition has seen the gap separating Apple’s iPad from a slew of Android tablets close. This comparison takes the two most competitive tablets, Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro 12.2 and Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet, and measures how they stand next to A...
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
To get the most out of your Windows 8 tablet or laptop-tablet hybrid device, you really have to venture into Windows 8’s Modern UI (formerly called Metro) and make use of the native apps that are on offer from the Windows Store. If you don’t use your...
With plenty of user interface add-ons available on the Google Play store, it can be hard to decide what to download, especially when there’s a price attached. The following are our three favourites.
Samsung and Sony recently showcased the new tablets that will lead their range, the Samsung Galaxy NotePro (12.2) and the Sony Xperia Tablet Z2. We have put the two tablets head-to-head in an effort to figure out which tablet will be the biggest thre...
In this guide we show you the ways in which you can use your phone's or tablet's Bluetooth transmitter to send music to your existing stereo system.
A number of small, 8in tablets running Windows 8.1 have been made available on the Australian market this year. These are based on the latest generation of Intel's Atom CPU, and they provide a much improved user experience over the Atom-based tablets...
Don’t know what to get your partner this Valentine’s day? Here are some suggestions to get your ball rolling.
If you're anything like us, you've probably left your Christmas shopping until the last minute. Perhaps you're too busy at work, maybe you've forgotten that Christmas is the time of giving, or maybe you just haven't found the right gift yet. That's w...
Whether you want a large tablet, a smaller screened device, or you're looking for great value, here are the best tablets you can buy right now.
We've tested Logitech's range of keyboards and cases for Apple's latest iPad Air. Here's our roundup of the range, complete with links to in-depth reviews of each product.
Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 users may find the Surface Pro Pen does not offer pressure-sensitivity in third-party apps like Adobe Photoshop. Until Microsoft pushes out an update for that, here's how to fix the problem yourself in five min...
We round up the things tech reviewers are saying about the new iPad mini, so you don't have to.
Hate might be a strong word, but not everyone has showered Apple's new iPad Air with praise. In this second part of our iPad Air review of reviews, we've gathered the negative comments that the iPad Air has picked up since it was launched. Some are a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTIT Operations ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- TPDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Identity Access Management) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- FTCRM AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- TPSenior Configuration Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW