Sony's latest tablet has the competition against the ropes. It is faster, lighter, tougher and prettier than most. But that doesn't make it perfect.
Tablets & eBook readers
Aldi will sell the Medion LifeTab from April 26. The 7.85in tablet has an IPS screen with 1024x768 resolution. It runs the current version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android 4.4 KitKat.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
The wait for Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet is almost over as the Android tablet will go on sale from April 29. Pricing for the Xperia Z2 Tablet will mirror Apple’s iPad Air with the introductory 16GB Wi-Fi only variant introducing the range at $599.
HP's bright red Pavilion X360 (or 11-n008TU if you want to get specific), is an entry-level hybrid laptop that can be used easily as a tablet. The hinge is designed in such a way so that you can simply tilt it all the way back, then over the rear of ...
Microsoft officially announced Microsoft Office for iPad on Thursday, pushing Microsoft's office suite onto the most popular tablet in the market.
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
Sony’s Xperia Tablet Z2 will be made available in three different models when it comes to Australia, all of which will be priced on par with Apple’s iPad Air.
Vodafone has turned on its 4G (LTE) network in parts of Tasmania.
Samsung originally unveiled its NotePro range of tablets at the 2014 CES show in Las Vegas. The larger 12.2in NotePro stood out for its A4-sized form factor. Now the 32GB Wi-Fi and 4G variants of the device will go on sale priced at $1099 and $1249 r...
The new A1-830 tablet ticks all of the right boxes for people interested in a functional tablet sporting the sub 8-inch form factor. The tablet sports a 7.9-in, 1024x768 resolution screen at a 4:3 screen ratio; a ratio deal for web browsing and readi...
Presto makes Foxtel’s movie library available for $20 per month without having to commit to a contract. The service will have access to roughly one thousand movies from several notable Hollywood studios, in addition to granting subscribers access to ...
Late last year, we introduced the Good Gear Guide Evaluation Team, in which we open up the product review process to small and medium business users, and offered a prize for the best user review. Here's how it went.
Smartphones, tablets, wearables on display at the show in Barcelona.
Chinese telecommunications company Huawei has taken the wraps off a premium 7in Android ‘phablet’ that could serve as a genuine alternative to Samsung’s Galaxy Note series. The company unveiled the 7in MediaPad X1 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) i...
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z2 represents a fine balance between beauty and brawn. The 6mm thin, 439g light tablet manages to somehow accommodate top-end hardware, and still retain the never-say-die attitude modelled by the Sony Z products that came befor...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Regin malware linked to attacks on Belgacom, well-known cryptographer
- Google's gigabit-Internet service in Austin priced at $70 per month
- Office 365's spam filter gets smarter at sorting bulk mailings
- Intel to tame passwords with biometric authentication
- What’s the difference between the Canon EOS 70D and the EOS 7D Mark II?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA