With the hearing on post-trial motions being set for 6 December, and the fact that any verdict entered in favour of Apple and against Samsung, will be stayed for 14 days, “we’re talking about the early part of 2013.” Unless Apple gets its hearing mov...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
The BBC has announced a new mobile downloads service for its iPlayer app that allows users to download shows onto their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to watch offline.
A video has been posted on YouTube revealing what could be the new earphones Apple will introduce with the iPhone 5.
Apple has updated the App Store in the iOS 6 beta, with the main change being a redesigned search result layout, and appears to be cracking down on copycat apps.
Amazon has made a splash with its introduction of several upgrades to its existing tablet lineup, and threw down the gauntlet to the rest of the tablet world with its brand-new Kindle Fire HDs
Amazon has announced new e-readers and tablets but the biggest surprise to analysts was a $US499 Kindle Fire HD 4G LTE tablet.
Amazon didn’t introduce a 10-inch tablet Thursday, as many tech pundits had predicted, but the company did roll out a potential iPad rival in the form of its $499 Kindle Fire HD.
Amazon on Thursday heated up the tablet competition with the introduction of new Kindle Fire HD tablets, including a model with LTE capabilities and another model with an 8.9-inch screen that can display images at a resolution of 1920 by 1200 pixels.
Leaked images of an alleged unreleased HTC tablet indicates that the design will not infringe on Apple’s iPad. Instead, it looks rather like a miniature iMac.
German supermarket chain Aldi will sell a dual-core Android tablet running Google's Ice Cream Sandwich software in Australia for $249, but it has warned potential customers that stocks are likely to be limited.
At this year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, companies demonstrated a huge range of new technologies: ultra-high definition TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8, and the first device based on the next generation of W...
This year at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin vendors introduced and demonstrated a plethora of ultra-high resolution TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming operating systems, as well as the first device based on Windows Phone 8...
A developer of a popular mobile app believes he's discovered evidence of what the insides of the rumored iPad Mini will look like and why it could sell for as low as $249.
After looking through the dozen or so announcements of Windows 8 laptop-tablet hybrids at IFA 2012, I'm having trouble telling some of them apart.
It's fair to say that the verdict in the landmark Samsung vs. Apple case could have been better for the Android manufacturer, as the jury dealt it a billion-dollar blow. Many pundits are already saying that the case could have broad ramifications for...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA