New Windows RT tablets announced at the IFA trade show in Berlin have intensified competition among ARM-based chip makers, which are adding unique capabilities to processors so tablets become more attractive to buyers based on performance and feature...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Lenovo is challenging Google's Nexus 7 tablet with a new range of affordable IdeaTab tablets, which start at $US299 and have the Android 4.0 OS.
Samsung announced an ambitious line of Windows 8 mobile devices using the Ativ name on Wednesday, including an ATIV S smartphone with a 4.8-in. HD display and three tablet PCs.
Samsung Electronics has taken the wraps off new Android and Windows devices at IFA in Berlin, showing off a bigger, faster Note table, a new Galaxy Camera, and smartphones and tablets running Windows 8.
Sony Mobile today announced three new smartphones and a 9.4-in. Android 4.0 tablet at the IFA show in Berlin.
Sony is expanding is Xperia smartphone range with three new models, including one that features a new NFC (near field communication) system. The company also plans to extend the brand name to its tablet computers, it said at the IFA trade show in Ber...
The iPad mini may cost just $190 to manufacturer, but expect Apple to make a large mark-up on that when the device goes on sale in October.
Samsung faces over $1bn in damages and potential bans on the sale of certain smartphone products, but it's not all good news for Apple
Samsung has issued a memo to its staff, regarding the outcome of the Apple v Samsung trial in the US. Suggests that Apple’s success is based on “the outright abuse of patent law, not the pursuit of innovation”,
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has confirmed that it will be launching a new “mainstream” tablet product towards the end of this year or start of 2013.
The Australian National Basketball League has become the first major sporting organisation to offer an online streaming subscription to all its games for an entire season. The new site, NBL.TV is open now for fans to pre-register their interest for t...
Apple's lawyers filed a preliminary injunction that would ban the sale of eight Samsung mobile devices that were recently found to have infringed on the company's patents.
Lenovo is aiming squarely for the bargain bin with its $US300 IdeaPad A2109 tablet, which despite the low price still has a 9-inch display and a speedy quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
Samsung's big patent fight loss to Apple could have far-reaching consequences for smartphone makers, especially those that have adopted many of the gesture-based elements users now expect, says Richard Hoffman.
Amazon may hold off on announcing a 10-inch Kindle Fire at a press event next week, instead focusing on tablets that are smaller than Apple's iPad.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikiew, SalesforceNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD