$199? An anonymous “inside source” told Engadget that the Microsoft Surface RT tablet will sell for the amazingly low price of only $199. It would be out of character for Microsoft, but if the pricing is truly that aggressive the Windows tablet could...
Tablets & eBook readers
New reports suggest that the widely speculated iPad mini will look like a big iPod touch, with thin side bezels, separate volume buttons and a microphone on the back.
Apple dominated the global tablet market last quarter on the back of record sales, a research firm said today, and reclaimed a massive lead over rivals.
Microsoft's Surface for Windows RT tablet will sell for $US199 when it ships on Octpber 26, according to an unnamed source in Engadget report.
Toshiba has confirmed what Microsoft intimated yesterday: It won't be delivering a Windows RT-based tablet anytime soon.
At least four PC makers plan to launch hardware -- not strictly tablets -- running Windows RT, Microsoft says.
Windows RT, the spin-off of Windows 8, has been completed and will power ARM processor-equipped tablets and PCs from Asus, Dell, Lenovo and Samsung, according to Microsoft.
Ford dealers now have an iPad app they can use to quickly check available inventory and offer product information to help customers in their showrooms.
Acer's CEO tells Microsoft to 'think twice' about building tablets because it's "not something you are good at." Columnist Mike Elgan says the CEO should think twice about his statement, because he is wrong.
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports...
Samsung could face penalties from the U.S. District Court in Northern California after one of its lawyers involved in the patent battle against Apple admitted that she hadn't file the paperwork necessary to practice law in front of the court.
Lenovo is embracing Windows 8 with a made-for-Windows 8 tablet - the ThinkPad Tablet 2 - ready for when the new operating system launches in October and is pitching it for enterprises.
Lenovo has revealed it’s planned Windows 8 Pro tablet--the ThinkPad Tablet 2. It seems to have reasonable specs for running Windows 8, but Lenovo failed to provide the key information that everyone is really interested in: the price.
Influential American magazine Forbes has run an article suggesting that movements in the tablet market could end Apple's dominance of the tablet market. But do the cheaper Nexus 7 and non-existent Surface really pose a threat to Apple?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
- The world's first Ubuntu tablet opens preorders, converging PCs and mobile devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD