Lawyers for Apple and Samsung Electronics have begun choosing the 10 people that will make up the jury to which they will argue claims of patent infringement.
Tablets & eBook readers
Owners of Google's recently released Nexus 7 are cashing in the $25 Google Play store credit that comes with the device and, as a result, downloads of some Android apps are taking off.
With Microsoft and Google taking turns grabbing the spotlight on the tablet stage, when will it be Amazon's turn to create some sizzle?
The 2012 London Olympic Games is finally here. If you’re in Australia, you’re able to stay in touch with every second of the Games -- there’s free-to-air TV, cable TV, online video, radio, websites and public video screens to occupy your time and att...
Apple was denied an injunction against Samsung's Galaxy Nexus and the adjusted Galaxy Tab 10.1N by the higher court of Munich on Thursday, a court spokesman said.
Apple's iPad gobbled up even more of the tablet market last quarter, but the arena is about to get a lot more crowded in the second half of 2012.
Trying to decide between, say, the hot new Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S? How about the Amazon Kindle Fire and Google Nexus 7 tablets?
ASUS has confirmed its flagship Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Android tablet will finally release in Australia on Wednesday 8 August, after an invite was sent to the media this week for a tech briefing and hands on demo of the device.
Sales of the new iPad helped Apple's line during its fiscal third quarter. The company reported Wednesday that revenue for the three-month period ended June 30 grew 22 percent over last year while profits rose 20.5 percent.
Apple will seek billions of dollars in damages from Samsung when a high-profile patent lawsuit between the companies goes in front of a California jury next week.
Even though Windows 8 won't be officially released until October 26, its Metro user interface and Microsoft's decision to remove the Start menu have already received lots of criticism. Some observers have gone so far as to predict that Windows 8 will...
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple’s widely speculated iPad mini will arrive in September, and expects the smaller tablet to overtake the 10in iPad’s sales by the end of the year.
Intel is porting the Android 4.1 operating system, also called Jelly Bean, to work on smartphones and tablets using low-power Atom processors, the company said this week.
Apple and Samsung have agreed to drop some of the patent infringement claims they have filed against each other, they said Monday. The move will help simplify the litigation between the two companies when it goes in front of a California jury next we...
Amazon has big plans for its coming onslaught of tablets to compete with Apple's iPad and Google's Nexus 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT