Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet is now shipping to Australian consumers. The company has promised a ship date by Thursday 19 July for customers who pre-ordered the tablet before Friday 13 July.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
If you can't wait one to four weeks to get your hands on a Nexus 7 tablet from GooglePlay, you can get one on eBay now--you'll just have to pay a premium for it.
Motorola's Xoom tablet does not infringe on some of Apple's community designs, the regional court of Düsseldorf ruled on Tuesday. Apple wanted a Europe-wide ban on the Motorola tablet, a court spokesman said.
The Commonwealth Bank has cited a need for improvement in point-of-sale (POS) transactions as the driver behind a completely new software platform and an Android based merchant terminal.
Amazon's Germany site lists five models of Microsoft's new Surface tablet PC, including a smaller 32GB model previously unannounced.
An iPad mini may come out in the fall. But how will big iPad apps play on the small screen? And do people really need a "tweener"? Apple expert and iFixit founder Kyle Wiens shares some answers.
A teardown of the Nexus 7 tablet reveals Google is apt to break even on the $199, 8 GB version of its tablet while earning a modest profit on the 16 GB version, priced at $249.
Advanced Micro Devices will detail its upcoming low-power CPU for tablets code-named Jaguar at the Hot Chips show in August, and share the stage with IBM, Oracle and Fujitsu, which will provide further insight into next-generation server processors.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet has got its first software update taking the device to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Telstra says the introduction of Google's Android platform on its second generation T-Hub home phone system will give users far more flexibility when it comes to interacting with the device.
HTC will launch a follow up tablet to the Flyer in the UK.
Tablets and smartphones continued to eat away at worldwide PC shipments, which remained flat during the second quarter, according to research released by Gartner.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet can now be ordered on more retail websites worldwide, but so far the less expensive $US199 model remains exclusive to Google's Play online store, according to current listings.
Samsung is looking to launch a Windows RT tablet when Windows 8 is launched in October.
The full source code of Jellybean, Google's latest and greatest Android version, was released to the Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) late Monday night.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPDeployment OfficerQLD
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW
- CCSenior ABAP DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineersACT
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCAgile CoachNSW