A teardown of the Nexus 7 tablet reveals Google is apt to break even on the $199, 8 GB version of its tablet while earning a modest profit on the 16 GB version, priced at $249.
Tablets & eBook readers
Advanced Micro Devices will detail its upcoming low-power CPU for tablets code-named Jaguar at the Hot Chips show in August, and share the stage with IBM, Oracle and Fujitsu, which will provide further insight into next-generation server processors.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet has got its first software update taking the device to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Telstra says the introduction of Google's Android platform on its second generation T-Hub home phone system will give users far more flexibility when it comes to interacting with the device.
HTC will launch a follow up tablet to the Flyer in the UK.
Tablets and smartphones continued to eat away at worldwide PC shipments, which remained flat during the second quarter, according to research released by Gartner.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet can now be ordered on more retail websites worldwide, but so far the less expensive $US199 model remains exclusive to Google's Play online store, according to current listings.
Samsung is looking to launch a Windows RT tablet when Windows 8 is launched in October.
The full source code of Jellybean, Google's latest and greatest Android version, was released to the Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) late Monday night.
In the world of high-tech, gadgets getting tagged as "uncool" can be a death sentence for a product. That's why Samsung's win over Apple in a UK court on Monday is being viewed as a defeat by some people.
Microsoft hopes to sell at least a few million of its Surface tablets after Windows 8 debuts in October, according to company chief executive Steve Ballmer.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has spoken about Microsoft's Surface during a press conference at Entel Summit in Chile last week.
Amazon will supposedly launch its Kindle Fire 2 tablet in this quarter to rival the Google Nexus 7 tablet.
Apple has lost a patent case against Samsung after a UK judge branded the Galaxy Tab 'not as cool' as the iPad.
Amazon is preparing for a serious fight to keep its second place in the tablet market, and one weapon is a refreshed Kindle Fire expected to appear later this year. Fending off Apple's iPad and Google's new 7-inch Nexus 7 tablet, Amazon will make a b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW