The $60 million Apple paid to a little-known firm for the iPad trademark will let the Cupertino, Calif. company not only start selling its newest tablet there, but also lays the groundwork for an expected smaller iPad this fall, a financial analyst s...
Tablets & eBook readers
Google's new $199 Nexus 7 tablet takes advantage of Nvidia's Kai reference design, a proprietary technology that allows for a cheaper display and memory components that work in concert with a high-performance quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
ASUS, manufacturer of Google's own-branded Nexus 7 Android tablet, has today announced that the device will be sold through major Australian retail stores.
For the second time in two months, Apple has disputed ownership of a URL associated with its products, this time filing a claim with the World Intellectual Property Organization for the ipad3.com domain.
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
At US$199, Google's Nexus 7 may seem like a tempting tablet, but some potential buyers and analysts say that it lacks hardware features and is a feeble attempt to energize the Android OS in a market dominated by Apple.
Lawyers for Samsung Electronics have petitioned a U.S. court to suspend a preliminary injunction that has blocked its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer from sale in the country.
Central to the success of Google's Nexus 7 tablet, the Nexus Q media player and other Android ventures sits Google Play, formerly called Android Market.
With today's launch of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google gives the current tablet market a much-needed jolt of energy.
First images of the brand-new Google tablet
Google's Nexus 7 tablet is on display here at Google I/O, and I spent some time handling the device to see how it compares with its Android competition. And the truth is, my first impression is that it seems to get a lot right, but it's not a complet...
More than 60 percent of the respondents to a poll by technology website PC Advisor believe the iPad's days as the dominant tablet are numbered, with the majority of these predicting that the Microsoft Surface can beat Apple's all-conquering device.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet may be aimed more at Amazon and its Kindle Fire than Apple and its iPad, but Apple will not be able to ignore the low-end of the tablet market dominated by 7-in. devices, analysts said today.
Google says its new Nexus 7 tablet is thin and light, and a quick glance at the product suggests this is true--well, the "thin" part, at least. It's hard to gauge a tablet's weight until you're actually holding the thing in your hands.
Google's $US199 Nexus 7 tablet is a device that's more than a competitor to Amazon's Kindle Fire, but is not on the same scale as the Apple iPad -- at least not yet, according to analysts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
- The world's first Ubuntu tablet opens preorders, converging PCs and mobile devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD