Apple will launch a new 10in iPad this summer, with an indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) panel that will enable the tablet to be thinner and have a longer battery life.
Tablets & eBook readers
The $60 million Apple paid to a little-known firm for the iPad trademark will let the Cupertino, Calif. company not only start selling its newest tablet there, but also lays the groundwork for an expected smaller iPad this fall, a financial analyst s...
Google's new $199 Nexus 7 tablet takes advantage of Nvidia's Kai reference design, a proprietary technology that allows for a cheaper display and memory components that work in concert with a high-performance quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
ASUS, manufacturer of Google's own-branded Nexus 7 Android tablet, has today announced that the device will be sold through major Australian retail stores.
For the second time in two months, Apple has disputed ownership of a URL associated with its products, this time filing a claim with the World Intellectual Property Organization for the ipad3.com domain.
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
At US$199, Google's Nexus 7 may seem like a tempting tablet, but some potential buyers and analysts say that it lacks hardware features and is a feeble attempt to energize the Android OS in a market dominated by Apple.
Lawyers for Samsung Electronics have petitioned a U.S. court to suspend a preliminary injunction that has blocked its Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer from sale in the country.
Central to the success of Google's Nexus 7 tablet, the Nexus Q media player and other Android ventures sits Google Play, formerly called Android Market.
With today's launch of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google gives the current tablet market a much-needed jolt of energy.
First images of the brand-new Google tablet
Google's Nexus 7 tablet is on display here at Google I/O, and I spent some time handling the device to see how it compares with its Android competition. And the truth is, my first impression is that it seems to get a lot right, but it's not a complet...
More than 60 percent of the respondents to a poll by technology website PC Advisor believe the iPad's days as the dominant tablet are numbered, with the majority of these predicting that the Microsoft Surface can beat Apple's all-conquering device.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet may be aimed more at Amazon and its Kindle Fire than Apple and its iPad, but Apple will not be able to ignore the low-end of the tablet market dominated by 7-in. devices, analysts said today.
Google says its new Nexus 7 tablet is thin and light, and a quick glance at the product suggests this is true--well, the "thin" part, at least. It's hard to gauge a tablet's weight until you're actually holding the thing in your hands.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW