Conjecture about Microsoft releasing a version of its business productivity suite Office for the iPad has begun to coalesce around a November release date.
Tablets & eBook readers
Cut-price Agora Android tablets sold by Australian online retailer Kogan have sold out in less than four days, the company has revealed.
German supermarket chain Aldi will next week begin selling an Android tablet running Google's latest Ice Cream Sandwich software for just $249.
Rumours of a version of Office for Apple iPads get more and more specific, with the latest claiming that the software will launch Nov. 10.
Apple CEO Tim Cook this week again slammed rival Microsoft's Windows 8 and its promise to be an operating system for all devices, whether tablets, desktops, laptops or hybrids that combine elements of all.
Boy Genius Reports has revealed photographs of what it claims are Apple’s new 3D mapping app, which will reportedly launch with iOS 6. The app, along with the newly released WWDC app, suggests a new silver colour scheme may be coming to iOS.
A prototype testing model of the first-gen iPad has sold on eBay for a staggering $10,200.
Google's long-awaited Nexus tablet has popped up on benchmarking site Rightware. According to the specs, the tablet, dubbed the Nexus 7, will use a quad-core NVidia Tegra 3 processor, and come with the Android 4.1 ("Jelly Bean") operating system.
Apple’s Smart Cover for iPad makes more than £300 million for the company each quarter, an analyst has said.
Apple today laid out the schedule for its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), and confirmed that it will, as usual, kick off the annual meeting with a keynote address, likely hosted by CEO Tim Cook.
As gamers are slowly abandoning their portable consoles in favor of smartphones and tablets, it might come as no surprise that GameStop, the top U.S. games retailer, is now turning to Android tablets to boost sales.
Apple has filed new patent applications for a stylus, dubbed the iPen, which will work with the company’s iOS devices.
Australian manufacturer and retailer Kogan has today unveiled two budget Android tablets, both running the latest 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich version of Google's Android operating system.
The rumor is back. There are new reports that Microsoft is developing a version of the Microsoft Office suite for Apple’s iOS operating system--and perhaps the Android mobile operating system as well.
According to Nvidia vice-president Rob Csonger, speaking at the company’s shareholder meeting last week, the graphics card company is working on Kai, a low-cost quad-core platform based around the Tegra 3.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC