ASUS has confirmed its flagship Android tablet for 2012, the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, will launch in Australia early next month. The Android tablet will come bundled with a keyboard dock and will retail for $899.
Tablets & eBook readers
Aldi's budget $249 Android tablet was incorrectly advertised as coming with a dual-core processor, it has been discovered.
Long before the Toshiba Excite 7.7 got its name, its prospects were cause for excitement. The tablet's beefy Nvidia Tegra 3-powered specs, its slim and lightweight design, its Android 4.02 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, and its high-resolution ...
Microsoft needs to drop the Windows name from its new consumer products, such as Windows RT tablets and smartphones, an industry analyst said.
Barely two weeks ago, Nvidia stirred up the rally cry for inexpensive tablets by dropping mention of its Kai reference platform for inexpensive tablets. The drumbeat is getting louder.
Problems with its own products working plagued ASUS Monday, as it released new devices
Special buys supermarket, Aldi, has begun selling its Android tablets across its stores today but, stocks ran out in a matter of minutes.
A budget $249 Android tablet running Google's latest Ice Cream Sandwich software has sold out minutes after going on sale through German supermarket chain Aldi this morning.
Google has acquired Quickoffice, which makes QuickOffice Pro HD ( Macworld rated 4 out of 5 mice ) one of the leading iPad office suites.
A near-record 81 per cent of owners of Apple's newest iPad said that they were "very satisfied" with the tablet in a survey conducted by a market research firm last month.
The biggest threat to the iPad's leadership could come from Apple itself, in the form of the much rumored iPad Mini, which could sport a 7-inch screen rather than the regular iPad's 9.7-inch screen.
Now that Asustek has shown off a 10-in. Windows RT tablet, speculation has grown hot and heavy over what competitors' devices will look like, how much they will cost and when they will go on sale.
Amazon on Monday announced the immediate availability of version 4.1.0 of the software that runs on the $79 Kindle--the non-touch screen version with no keyboard referred to as the Kindle With Special Offers (4th generation).
Conjecture about Microsoft releasing a version of its business productivity suite Office for the iPad has begun to coalesce around a November release date.
Cut-price Agora Android tablets sold by Australian online retailer Kogan have sold out in less than four days, the company has revealed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC