ASUS today announced that its 12.1in tablet, the Eee Slate EP121, will be released in Australia on 15 April at a cost of $1499. The tablet will have a 1280x800, LED-backlit capacitive touchscreen and it will weigh around 1.16kg. Using WACOM technolog...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Apple on Wednesday is expected to announce its latest iPad, but buyers are on the fence about purchasing the device and hope it will be a major upgrade from the original iPad.
Windows 8 tablets are definitely on the way, but a taste of the finished product could be coming sooner than you think.
Apple should get a jump on the tablet competition Wednesday by dropping the price of the iPad and expanding its distribution, an analyst said today.
Tired of all the iPad 2 predictions? So are we. With a nod to David Letterman's Top Ten list Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone, here are our favorite (yet fake) headlines that will no doubt be lost in the iPad 2 hoopla.
French media player manufacturer Archos picked Cebit to launch a color e-reader with a 7-inch touch-sensitive screen, and also announced the first tablet devices in a new budget-priced range it will brand Arnova.
Are you considering the iPad 2 as your first iPad? An iPad, unplugged, is a welcome contrast to the communications-driven iPhone. Take our tour of cool apps that take advantage of the iPad's leisurely user experience.
Did you already go ahead and root your shiny new Motorola Xoom? If you did, you are no longer eligible for a 4G upgrade from Motorola. Sending in a rooted Xoom will just result in Motorola sending it back to you, sans 4G capabilities.
The iPad is an awesome mobile computing tool, and it can take the place of a PC for most tasks, but when push comes to shove, it's still not a PC. Citrix is bridging that gap, though, by enabling users to remotely connect to and work with their PC on...
We don't yet know for sure, but -- based on the teasing image accompanying media invitations to an Apple press event later this week -- all signs suggest that the iPad 2 will be officially unveiled. Rivals are aggressively trying to compete with the ...
New rumors say that Apple has got white right this time, and will unveil a white iPad 2 when the company announces the next version of its popular tablet, expected later this week.
Google employees may be getting new tablets, Motorola's CEO said on Monday.
Motorola couldn't have chosen a worse time to start selling the Xoom, the first real Apple iPad competitor. Just as the Xoom went on sale on Verizon, Apple dropped an iBomb in the shape of a press invitation next week to the unveiling of the next gen...
Apple will officially unveil the iPad 2 on March 2 at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, putting an end to one set of rumors and sparking a whole new set.
Taiwanese PC maker Micro-Star International (MSI) said on Thursday it would target business users with the release of three new 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet PCs on June 1, two with Windows 7 and one with Google's Android Honeycomb OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Architecture ManagerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSolution Architect with end user computing (EUC) experienceNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW