Apple on Wednesday is expected to announce its latest iPad, but buyers are on the fence about purchasing the device and hope it will be a major upgrade from the original iPad.
Tablets & eBook readers
Windows 8 tablets are definitely on the way, but a taste of the finished product could be coming sooner than you think.
Apple should get a jump on the tablet competition Wednesday by dropping the price of the iPad and expanding its distribution, an analyst said today.
Tired of all the iPad 2 predictions? So are we. With a nod to David Letterman's Top Ten list Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone, here are our favorite (yet fake) headlines that will no doubt be lost in the iPad 2 hoopla.
French media player manufacturer Archos picked Cebit to launch a color e-reader with a 7-inch touch-sensitive screen, and also announced the first tablet devices in a new budget-priced range it will brand Arnova.
Are you considering the iPad 2 as your first iPad? An iPad, unplugged, is a welcome contrast to the communications-driven iPhone. Take our tour of cool apps that take advantage of the iPad's leisurely user experience.
Did you already go ahead and root your shiny new Motorola Xoom? If you did, you are no longer eligible for a 4G upgrade from Motorola. Sending in a rooted Xoom will just result in Motorola sending it back to you, sans 4G capabilities.
The iPad is an awesome mobile computing tool, and it can take the place of a PC for most tasks, but when push comes to shove, it's still not a PC. Citrix is bridging that gap, though, by enabling users to remotely connect to and work with their PC on...
We don't yet know for sure, but -- based on the teasing image accompanying media invitations to an Apple press event later this week -- all signs suggest that the iPad 2 will be officially unveiled. Rivals are aggressively trying to compete with the ...
New rumors say that Apple has got white right this time, and will unveil a white iPad 2 when the company announces the next version of its popular tablet, expected later this week.
Google employees may be getting new tablets, Motorola's CEO said on Monday.
Motorola couldn't have chosen a worse time to start selling the Xoom, the first real Apple iPad competitor. Just as the Xoom went on sale on Verizon, Apple dropped an iBomb in the shape of a press invitation next week to the unveiling of the next gen...
Apple will officially unveil the iPad 2 on March 2 at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, putting an end to one set of rumors and sparking a whole new set.
Taiwanese PC maker Micro-Star International (MSI) said on Thursday it would target business users with the release of three new 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet PCs on June 1, two with Windows 7 and one with Google's Android Honeycomb OS.
Rumours about the Apple iPad 2 have been flying thick and fast of late, and Apple has responded by setting the record straight: the iPad 2 will officially launch at a media event on March 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC