The global tablet market began 2016 just as 2015 left off: down.
Tablets & eBook readers
One wouldn't typically imagine liquid cooling in a tablet, but Acer has pulled it off with its latest Switch Alpha 12.
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
The 9.7-inch iPad Pro overtakes Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 in color accuracy and sets records for screen reflectance.
Surface Pro 4 vs. iPad Pro vs. Galaxy TabPro S vs. Pixel C: Fight!
Like its bigger sibling, the little Pro is tough to repair but has beefy internals.
Canonical's first convergence device is here with the ability to switch between a desktop and mobile device, similar to Microsoft's Lumia 950 and 950XL.
It looks like an iPad Air. It feels like an iPad Air. But spend some time with the new 9.7-inch iPad, and you'll know it's a Pro.
Apple is taking a shot at Windows PCs with its new 9.7-inch iPad Pro tablet, calling it the "ultimate PC replacement."
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a gue...
Starting at $199, this tablet shows that Android has arrived in the corporate world. The Tab3 10 for Business is built to take a full day at the office, with sturdy construction and the enhanced security and manageability of Android for Work.
It's a basic Windows tablet, but the detachable keyboard lets you be productive at will.
Chinese technology giant, Huawei, has made its first foray into the premium tablet/laptop market with the launch of its first 2-in-1 device, the MateBook.
A spring Apple event is reportedly in the works, though details aren't yet confirmed.
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCVMware Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT