Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Dell has revealed pricing and availability of its new range of products, including the Venue tablet range and the XPS 11, at an event in Sydney.
What's better than one Apple event? Two Apple events, naturally. The folks from Cupertino evidently agree, as they have dispatched invitations to the media for a gathering next Tuesday, October 22, in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the A...
An update to the Google Play Store will ensure that all tablet users will see the "Designed for tablets" tab as the default view in the Play store, Google has confirmed.
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Maybe Android tablets are getting more impressive. Maybe Samsung just has a lot of clout. Whatever the reason, Twitter decided to develop an Android tablet-optimised version of its official app with a few features that are "unique" for Samsung and ju...
Apple could be in the early development stages of a 13in iPad aimed at the notebook market, an analyst has said.
With rumours that Apple is planning to unveil its iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 on 15 October, speculation about what the new iPads could look like, and what they'll feature, has been rife.
Even if Apple has few high-resolution iPad Mini tablets to sell in November, it will still unveil the new device this month, risking a repeat of last year's iMac debacle, an analyst argued today.
Telstra has become the first major telco in Australia to launch plans that allow consumers to share data across multiple devices, but will charge a $10 monthly fee just to enable the service.
It's hard to believe that not a single Windows 8 tablet has matched the screen resolution of Apple's iPad, but Sharp plans to change that with its Mebius Pad.
Microsoft's new Surface tablets can be turned into PCs or workstations using docking accessories. Three keyboard docks, a docking station that turns the Surface Pro 2 into a workstation and a wireless adapter were announced at the company's tablet la...
Microsoft has unveiled the second wave of Surface tablets, hoping that a 10.6-inch size and higher performance will appeal to consumers who showed little interest in the company's first effort.
Android's race to the bottom seems to have inspired companies of all sorts to release their own phone or tablet device. Now you can count Monster among them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTField EngineerVIC