German supermarket chain Aldi will sell an 8in Android tablet with 3G capabilities for $169 from Wednesday, 21 August, it has advertised.
Tablets & eBook readers
The new Nexus 7 may be the best tablet on the market right now, but only if you get one that isn't plagued with technical difficulties.
Intel's 10-inch and 7-inch Android tablet designs are now available to manufacturers, and the resulting products could rekindle a long rivalry in the education market with One Laptop Per Child, whose first Android tablet became available in July.
More Nexus devices reportedly are coming this year, including a Motorola phone and a 10in ASUS tablet, according to a couple of unconfirmed reports.
Asustek CEO Jerry Shen confirmed today that his company will no longer produce Windows RT tablets.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus plans to launch new tablets in its Transformer and MeMO Pad lines of Android tablets later this year as it aims to build up its brand in the tablet space alongside the Google Nexus 7 series.
Australia's largest Member motorists association, NRMA, is offering a free Android tablet to customers who join, upgrade or renew on its premium roadside assistance package, but the device is outdated and has low-end specifications.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet held up better than the iPad Mini and the original Nexus 7 in durability tests performed by Square Trade.
A new video posted to the web this weekend appears to show a partially assembled iPad 5, with the expected thinner and lighter iPad mini-like design, as well as a translucent Apple logo that could light up.
Sales of tablets, including Apple's iPad, slowed during the second quarter, according to a Monday report by IDC. But the real news may be the rise of "no-name" tablets, which are now the largest segment of the tablet market.
Intel has posted information on its website about new tablets for the education market with 10-inch and 7-inch screens, Atom chips and the Android OS code-named Jellybean.
Nearly 10% fewer tablets of all brands shipped in the second quarter compared to the first, with Apple's iPad line showing the biggest decline, IDC said today.
Foxtel's new streaming IPTV service, Foxtel Play, won't cannibalise its core set top box business because it is targeted at a "very different market", according to the company.
Apple will launch a high-resolution, Retina-equipped iPad Mini this fall or in early 2014. Or it won't.
Vodafone has made deals with partner carriers in the UK, New Zealand and United States to offer Australian customers a roaming plan that allows them to use their phones while travelling as if they were still in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW