Google is rolling out a second-generation Nexus 7 tablet designed for improved performance and portability, featuring the company's just-announced mobile operating system, Android Jelly Bean 4.3.
Tablets & eBook readers
The iPad mini 2 will launch in two flavours: a high-end iPad mini with Retina display, and a budget iPad mini aimed at cheaper rivals. But we won't see either until 2014.
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Tuesday let loose another salvo at rival tablets, audaciously dismissing them as devices that no one uses.
Apple is reportedly testing a new iPad with a 13-inch screen and larger displays for the iPhone.
Images of what appears to be Google's second-generation Nexus 7 Android tablet have been leaked online, suggesting an official launch of the device is not too far away.
The second-generation 7-in. Nexus 7 tablet, which Google may unveil next week, includes two cameras and is expected to run Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), according to leaked photos and video.
In the same way that watched pots never boil, hotly anticipated Android versions often aren't released when we think they should be. However, turn your back for a second and bang – suddenly Jelly Bean 4.3's all over the Internet.
Microsoft today took an unexpected $900 million charge to account for what it called "inventory adjustments" for the Surface RT, the poor-selling tablet that debuted last year.
Can the iPhone 5 charger be used for the iPad mini?
How do I make my wireless keyboard sync with my iPad?
Acer's Iconia W3 is still the one and only 8-inch Windows tablet in town, but it appears that the company isn't sitting on its heels after gaining that head start. A new report claims that the pint-sized slate is slated for a refresh this September, ...
Samsung has today announced the impending launch of its Galaxy Tab 3 range of Android tablets in 10.1in, 8in and 7in models, claiming the array of size options will not confuse consumers but instead offer them choice.
The next iPad mini may be delayed until next year due to issues, according to reports. The reason for the delay is Apple's decision to include a Retina display.
German supermarket chain Aldi will again sell a 3G, quad-core Android tablet for $249, and will also stock a 4in Android smartphone with dual-SIM capabilities. Both devices are set to go on sale in Australia from Saturday, 13 July.
We believe Apple will introduce the iPad 5 at a separate event in October, just like last year, and push the release date of the iPad 5, as well as the sequel to last year's iPad Mini, to late October 2013.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Surface Hub goes on sale in September
- Apple Music to take on streaming competitors, even on Android
- Asus doubles down on tablets with ZenPad series
- Lenovo's new Windows 10 tablet to arrive in August
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW