Apple has issued invitations to an October 23 event in San Jose, California, where it's expected to unveil a smaller tablet, tagged as the "iPad Mini" by most.
Tablets & eBook readers
Apple on Tuesday extended invites teasing recipients that on Oct. 23 in San Jose "We've got a little more to show you," presumably the iPad mini with a 7.85-inch screen.
Google will reportedly launch a 32GB model of its Nexus 7 tablet.
Apple will host an event on October 26 ostensibly to announce a smaller iPad model. The Apple iPad Mini as it's been dubbed by the rumour mill, is expected to be a 7 or 8-inch sibling of the iPad, designed to compete with smaller tablet rivals.
Reports claim there won't just be one iPad mini – Apple is producing 16 iPad mini models ranging from 8GB to 64GB and priced from £200 (AU$313) to £523.65 (AU$821).
Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
An Apple iPad Mini isn't official yet, but one Apple expert says it will happen soon and will be very competitive in the 7-inch space ... as long as the price is right.
The widely expected smaller version of the Apple iPad tablet will have Wi-Fi but not cellular connectivity, according to unnamed sources in a news story about the so-called iPad mini. But it's not clear why that would be the case.
Lenovo had a coming out party in New York Tuesday night for its new family of Windows 8 and RT "multimode" computers.
Microsoft has disavowed comments made by its Czech subsidiary that the company will roll out iOS and Android apps of its Office suite early next year.
iOS 6 has been out for about a month, which has given us time to explore not only its peaks, but valleys as well. In this episode I'm joined by Lex Friedman and contributor Glenn Fleishman to plumb the depths of the latter.
The latest version of Google's Android mobile OS has been released to the Android Open-Source Project, bringing with it several changes that apply to the Nexus 7 tablet - and hint at a new Nexus tablet to come.
Lenovo has announced a new range of Windows 8 and RT hybrid computing devices that can function as tablets or laptops.
Microsoft's new Surface tablet, slated to ship later this month, will be priced between $US399 and $US499, an analyst said, in the same ballpark as Apple's iconic iPad.
As we approach the expected launch of Apple's rumoured iPad mini, new photographs of what is claimed to be a leaked model of the 7-inch tablet have emerged online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Surface Hub goes on sale in September
- Apple Music to take on streaming competitors, even on Android
- Asus doubles down on tablets with ZenPad series
- Lenovo's new Windows 10 tablet to arrive in August
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW