The small iPad is just what the official name – indeed called iPad mini – suggests. It’s recognizably the iconic iPad tablet, only it’s smaller. Here's a closer look at what you get.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Apple's new iPad mini will support the Australian 4G networks offered by Telstra and Optus, the company announced this morning.
Just six months after unveiling the third-generation iPad, Apple has unveiled the long-rumorued iPad mini along with a fourth-generation of the standard model. Despite the 100 million iPads Apple sold in just 2.5 years, Apple CEO Tim Cook said, “we’r...
On Tuesday, just six months after unveiling the third-generation iPad, Apple unveiled the long-rumored iPad mini along with a fourth-generation of the standard model. Despite the 100 million iPads Apple sold in just 2.5 years, Apple CEO Tim Cook said...
The #appleevent, #ipadmini and other hashtags were out in full force, as Apple enthusiasts and others took to Twitter to ooh, aah and zzzzz in reaction to the latest "gorgeous," "amazing" and "magical" iPads -- both the widely anticipated iPad Mini a...
Apple made a point of doing a side-by-side comparison of its new iPad Mini with Google's Nexus 7 at the launch event Tuesday in San Jose, highlighting the mini tablet's thinness, larger viewable screen area and custom app compatibility.
Apple today unveiled the iPad Mini, a smaller tablet starting at $329 that features a 7.9-in. 1024-x-768-pixel display and can run all existing iPad software without modification.
The new 7.9-in. iPad mini will be a huge hit with business users as well as consumers, according to several industry analysts.
The cost of the $329 iPad Mini will determine its future - and maybe Apple's, too. In the near term, the iPad Mini could have a big holiday season, but it will run the risk of cannibalizing regular iPad sales, according to one veteran tech analyst.
Apple will expand its iPad line next month and for the first time launch a version of the hit tablet with a 7-inch screen, the company said Tuesday.
Even before Apple sent invitations for the Tuesday launch event where it will likely unveil a smaller iPad, consumers were unloading their old tablets so they can trade up to Apple's latest, according to gadget buy-back firm Gazelle.
On the eve of Apple's expected announcement tomorrow of a smaller iPad, there's still a lot of uncertainty and intense debate over its price.
Samsung Display has terminated a contract to make LCD panels for Apple due to supply chain issues and financial strain, according to a news report published in The Korea Times on Monday.
Google's product unveiling event next Monday will feature a 10-in. tablet running Android 4.2, possibly named the Samsung 10, and an LG Nexus 4 smartphone, according to reports.
ASUS has confirmed its Padfone 2 smartphone won't launch in Australia until 2013, despite a release in Europe and Asia before the end of 2012.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW