Microsoft will offer a two-year warranty with its upcoming Surface RT tablet, it has been revealed.
Tablets & eBook readers
Microsoft has announced Australian pricing for its upcoming Surface RT tablet and has promised to deliver pre-orders of the device by Tuesday 6 November.
Japan's Sharp said Wednesday it will soon launch a small 7-inch tablet with its new IGZO displays, a week ahead of an Apple press event that is widely expected to reveal a mini tablet also linked to the new power-saving technology.
Microsoft has announced that it is accepting online orders for its ARM-based Surface with Windows RT touch tablet. This is the first Microsoft-designed and -sold mobile device, due to ship on October 26 with the formal launch of Windows 8.
The news that Apple has sent invitations to an event widely believed to be the launch of a miniature iPad has sent the tech world into a powerful and entirely predictable tizzy ahead of Oct. 23.
Microsoft's pricing of its Surface RT tablet was called 'aggressive' by some analysts today, 'mystifying' by others, even as they remained skeptical that it's low enough to make inroads on the dominant player, Apple's iPad.
Prices for Microsoft's Surface RT tablets appear to have been inadvertently posted to the Web this morning and quickly pulled down.
The waiting game is over. Microsoft's Surface RT tablet makes the leap from hardware cipher to hardware reality. Today I can answer many of the questions the world has been asking since June 18, the day when Microsoft first announced Surface RT, the ...
It's not the pricing I had hoped for. But, at the same time the price options for the Surface RT tablet are not ridiculous. The pricing of the Surface RT tablet is competitive--not high enough to be dead on arrival, and not low enough to be a slam du...
Apple has issued invitations to an October 23 event in San Jose, California, where it's expected to unveil a smaller tablet, tagged as the "iPad Mini" by most.
Apple on Tuesday extended invites teasing recipients that on Oct. 23 in San Jose "We've got a little more to show you," presumably the iPad mini with a 7.85-inch screen.
Google will reportedly launch a 32GB model of its Nexus 7 tablet.
Apple will host an event on October 26 ostensibly to announce a smaller iPad model. The Apple iPad Mini as it's been dubbed by the rumour mill, is expected to be a 7 or 8-inch sibling of the iPad, designed to compete with smaller tablet rivals.
Reports claim there won't just be one iPad mini – Apple is producing 16 iPad mini models ranging from 8GB to 64GB and priced from £200 (AU$313) to £523.65 (AU$821).
Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW