Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
Tablets & eBook readers
An Apple iPad Mini isn't official yet, but one Apple expert says it will happen soon and will be very competitive in the 7-inch space ... as long as the price is right.
The widely expected smaller version of the Apple iPad tablet will have Wi-Fi but not cellular connectivity, according to unnamed sources in a news story about the so-called iPad mini. But it's not clear why that would be the case.
Lenovo had a coming out party in New York Tuesday night for its new family of Windows 8 and RT "multimode" computers.
Microsoft has disavowed comments made by its Czech subsidiary that the company will roll out iOS and Android apps of its Office suite early next year.
iOS 6 has been out for about a month, which has given us time to explore not only its peaks, but valleys as well. In this episode I'm joined by Lex Friedman and contributor Glenn Fleishman to plumb the depths of the latter.
The latest version of Google's Android mobile OS has been released to the Android Open-Source Project, bringing with it several changes that apply to the Nexus 7 tablet - and hint at a new Nexus tablet to come.
Lenovo has announced a new range of Windows 8 and RT hybrid computing devices that can function as tablets or laptops.
Microsoft's new Surface tablet, slated to ship later this month, will be priced between $US399 and $US499, an analyst said, in the same ballpark as Apple's iconic iPad.
As we approach the expected launch of Apple's rumoured iPad mini, new photographs of what is claimed to be a leaked model of the 7-inch tablet have emerged online.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple, according to supply chain sources, has directed component makers to cook up some 10 million iPad Mini tablets in Q4.
Models of Research in Motion's PlayBook tablet have been pulled from online stores of some top retailers in the U.S. and Canada, a move one analyst said could be a sign that the company is readying a successor tablet.
Rumours have been hotting up about Apple's widely speculated iPad mini, which some reports suggest will launch this month. Now, alleged headphone jacks for the smaller tablet have been leaked on the web.
Bad news for cynical tech bloggers, grenade-lobbing Internet trolls, and everyone else who's been attacking Windows 8 for the sheer thrill of sport: I've been using a Windows 8 tablet for over a week now, and the experience has been a revelation.
Microsoft launches Windows 8 later this month after a year of gradually making the new operating system more and more available, hoping for a big hit that will drive sales this holiday season and beyond, and giving the company new hope of grabbing a ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW