An Apple iPad Mini isn't official yet, but one Apple expert says it will happen soon and will be very competitive in the 7-inch space ... as long as the price is right.
Tablets & eBook readers
The widely expected smaller version of the Apple iPad tablet will have Wi-Fi but not cellular connectivity, according to unnamed sources in a news story about the so-called iPad mini. But it's not clear why that would be the case.
Lenovo had a coming out party in New York Tuesday night for its new family of Windows 8 and RT "multimode" computers.
Microsoft has disavowed comments made by its Czech subsidiary that the company will roll out iOS and Android apps of its Office suite early next year.
iOS 6 has been out for about a month, which has given us time to explore not only its peaks, but valleys as well. In this episode I'm joined by Lex Friedman and contributor Glenn Fleishman to plumb the depths of the latter.
The latest version of Google's Android mobile OS has been released to the Android Open-Source Project, bringing with it several changes that apply to the Nexus 7 tablet - and hint at a new Nexus tablet to come.
Lenovo has announced a new range of Windows 8 and RT hybrid computing devices that can function as tablets or laptops.
Microsoft's new Surface tablet, slated to ship later this month, will be priced between $US399 and $US499, an analyst said, in the same ballpark as Apple's iconic iPad.
As we approach the expected launch of Apple's rumoured iPad mini, new photographs of what is claimed to be a leaked model of the 7-inch tablet have emerged online.
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple, according to supply chain sources, has directed component makers to cook up some 10 million iPad Mini tablets in Q4.
Models of Research in Motion's PlayBook tablet have been pulled from online stores of some top retailers in the U.S. and Canada, a move one analyst said could be a sign that the company is readying a successor tablet.
Rumours have been hotting up about Apple's widely speculated iPad mini, which some reports suggest will launch this month. Now, alleged headphone jacks for the smaller tablet have been leaked on the web.
Bad news for cynical tech bloggers, grenade-lobbing Internet trolls, and everyone else who's been attacking Windows 8 for the sheer thrill of sport: I've been using a Windows 8 tablet for over a week now, and the experience has been a revelation.
Microsoft launches Windows 8 later this month after a year of gradually making the new operating system more and more available, hoping for a big hit that will drive sales this holiday season and beyond, and giving the company new hope of grabbing a ...
Designers and others take their best guesses at what Apple might have up its sleeve with smaller iPad tablet
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia