Microsoft launches Windows 8 later this month after a year of gradually making the new operating system more and more available, hoping for a big hit that will drive sales this holiday season and beyond, and giving the company new hope of grabbing a ...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Designers and others take their best guesses at what Apple might have up its sleeve with smaller iPad tablet
An original cassette tape of a 1983 speech made by late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has been unearthed, revealing that Apple was thinking about iPads and the app store more than 20 years before they were launched.
As we approach the rumoured release date of the iPad mini, new photographs have surfaced showing an anodized aluminium black back plate for the smaller tablet.
Apple’s component suppliers have started mass production of the new tablet, with 10m ready to ship by Christmas, but an analyst thinks that the company is too late to make an imprint on the 7in tablet market.
Apple's rumoured November launch of a smaller, less-expensive iPad will put the company in a tight spot - tighter than usual - if it's not able to build up and maintain adequate supplies through the holiday season, according to analysts.
Research in Motion Wednesday released a BlackBerry PlayBook OS update that adds full device encryption to secure personal data stored on the device to go along with the already-available encryption for corporate data.
At a Clover Trail coming-out party, Intel showed off its mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices. Here's a look at the features of some of the new Clover Trail devices that make them a winning choice for your next travel PC.
Be sure to have these apps to get the most office productivity possible from your iPad
If staying organized is difficult at your desk, it's nearly impossible when you're traveling. These 10 apps will help you manage your to-do list, keep tabs on the office and find your way to that lunch meeting.
Google has dropped one part of its wide-ranging patent-infringement battle against Apple, withdrawing a complaint to the U.S. International Trade Commission in which it had sought to block iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch models at the border.
Some iPhone users and bloggers are reporting that older iPhones updated to iOS 6 are draining their batteries much faster than before, and sometime heating up during or after recharging.
Apple will introduce a smaller iPad in two weeks, and if it holds to past practice, will start selling the new tablet in early November, according to a new report.
HP's upcoming ElitePad 900 tablet seems like a solid option for Windows 8 business users, until you read the fine print.
Apple is said to be readying press invites for an event likely on Oct. 17 to unveil the much speculated-about iPad Mini tablet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW