Lenovo has revealed it’s planned Windows 8 Pro tablet--the ThinkPad Tablet 2. It seems to have reasonable specs for running Windows 8, but Lenovo failed to provide the key information that everyone is really interested in: the price.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Influential American magazine Forbes has run an article suggesting that movements in the tablet market could end Apple's dominance of the tablet market. But do the cheaper Nexus 7 and non-existent Surface really pose a threat to Apple?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
Google's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean release is chock full of sweet features. Perhaps the most attention-grabbing addition of all, though, is a scrumptious little thing called Voice Search.
Few things can make you feel clumsier faster than trying to write or draw with your finger on a tablet screen. You quickly realize that tablets weren't designed to receive finger-based instructions any more precise than scrolling, swiping, or clickin...
Last night Apple aired a new 31-second television “All on iPad” advertisement during the Olympic TV coverage. The ad is similar to the “Do It All” released in June for the third-generation iPad.
One of the world’s largest computer manufacturers, Acer, has attacked Microsoft’s plans to launch its own tablet in October, claiming that the move will be ‘negative for the worldwide ecosystem’ in computing.
ASUS has cited "past experiences" with its Transformer Prime tablet as a reason it will not sell its latest flagship Android tablet -- the Transformer Pad Infinity -- without a keyboard dock in Australia.
The fracas between Apple Google has claimed yet another casualty: When iOS 6 ships this fall, the mobile operating system will for the first time not include a built-in YouTube client.
Samsung's planning a tablet splash at the end of August. It's expected to introduce a refresh of its five-inch Galaxy Note "phoblet " and an update of its 10-inch Note tablet.
Samsung has announced its Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet will be released globally this month.
Australian online deal site Catch of the Day has decided the 7in Dell Streak Android tablet is still worthy of some attention.
Samsung Electronics will start shipping the Galaxy Note 10.1 later this month, with a 1.4GHz quad-core processor and a software feature from the Galaxy S III.
Apple is forever accusing other companies of stealing its ideas and designs but in its current case against Samsung its South Korean rival submitted evidence that Apple watches and even wants to replicate what competitors are doing.
Give him enough time, and Peter Tamte will tell you exactly what's wrong with note-taking apps for the iPad: They're walled off from other apps, making it hard to turn your notes into tasks and to-dos. They're overly reliant on cloud storage and sync...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- Android device updates: HTC One M8 and M9 finally score Marshmallow for US models
- Report: Apple to hold March 2016 event to launch Watch 2, iPhone 6c and iPad Pro
- Pixel C team promises split-screen multitasking, better tablet apps during Reddit AMA
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW