Sharon Machlis of Computerworld gives an overview of the Google Nexus 7 tablet, which runs the Android Jelly Bean 4.1 operating system, and features Voice Search functionality.
Tablets & eBook readers
ASUS has today announced that its long-awaited all-in-one Android smartphone and tablet device, the Padfone, will launch in Australia on 14 August at a cost of $999.
Lawyers for Apple and Samsung Electronics have begun choosing the 10 people that will make up the jury to which they will argue claims of patent infringement.
Owners of Google's recently released Nexus 7 are cashing in the $25 Google Play store credit that comes with the device and, as a result, downloads of some Android apps are taking off.
With Microsoft and Google taking turns grabbing the spotlight on the tablet stage, when will it be Amazon's turn to create some sizzle?
The 2012 London Olympic Games is finally here. If you’re in Australia, you’re able to stay in touch with every second of the Games -- there’s free-to-air TV, cable TV, online video, radio, websites and public video screens to occupy your time and att...
Apple was denied an injunction against Samsung's Galaxy Nexus and the adjusted Galaxy Tab 10.1N by the higher court of Munich on Thursday, a court spokesman said.
Apple's iPad gobbled up even more of the tablet market last quarter, but the arena is about to get a lot more crowded in the second half of 2012.
Trying to decide between, say, the hot new Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4S? How about the Amazon Kindle Fire and Google Nexus 7 tablets?
ASUS has confirmed its flagship Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Android tablet will finally release in Australia on Wednesday 8 August, after an invite was sent to the media this week for a tech briefing and hands on demo of the device.
Sales of the new iPad helped Apple's line during its fiscal third quarter. The company reported Wednesday that revenue for the three-month period ended June 30 grew 22 percent over last year while profits rose 20.5 percent.
Apple will seek billions of dollars in damages from Samsung when a high-profile patent lawsuit between the companies goes in front of a California jury next week.
Even though Windows 8 won't be officially released until October 26, its Metro user interface and Microsoft's decision to remove the Start menu have already received lots of criticism. Some observers have gone so far as to predict that Windows 8 will...
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has predicted that Apple’s widely speculated iPad mini will arrive in September, and expects the smaller tablet to overtake the 10in iPad’s sales by the end of the year.
Intel is porting the Android 4.1 operating system, also called Jelly Bean, to work on smartphones and tablets using low-power Atom processors, the company said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC