A new 4G BlackBerry PlayBook will go on sale next week, a year after Research In Motion introduced its first tablet. The updated 7-inch PlayBook will include 4G connectivity and 32GB of storage, but RIM has yet to name a price or a U.S. availability ...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook tablet now comes with LTE cellular connectivity.
Apple is fuming over Samsung’s decision to send evidence – deemed inadmissible by the judge in the Apple v Samsung trial - to journalists.
Google Play, Google's Android app store, is close to eclipsing Apple's App Store in pure numbers, but there's one area in which it's lacking. The former Android Market has a ton of rogue apps -- including copycat games, spam, and malware.
Photos of one of Sony's next-generation Xperia tablets have been leaked online, showing a device that boasts a number of features and accessories including a keyboard cover/stand just like the one for Microsoft's Surface tablet.
The Nexus 7 with 16GB of storage reappeared "in stock" on the Google Play store site after it was unavailable on the site and in many retail stores in the U.S. for about a week.
Microsoft announced on Wednesday that it has completed the development and testing of Windows 8, a major upgrade of its OS for desktops, laptops and tablets and one of the most important product releases in the company's history.
Sony's next generation Xperia tablet has been leaked online.
If tablets are the rising stars of personal computing, then Apple’s iPad burns most brightly. But now, Microsoft is preparing to crash the party in spectacular fashion with a pair of tablets that represent its first-ever Windows hardware.
Prices are dropping on tablets running Android 4.1 OS, with Indian company Karbonn Mobiles announcing a tablet priced at around US$125 and using Google's latest OS, which is code-named Jelly Bean.
The 10 California jurors who will decide the rights and wrongs in the battle between Apple and Samsung were sworn in late Monday and alongside instructions on how to proceed during the case, the U.S. judge presiding over the case explained to them th...
ASUS won't sell the keyboard dock for its new hybrid Padfone device in Australia, the company has revealed.
Not genius. Real genius Ken Segall, Steve Jobs' favourite marketing creative, says Apple's new TV ads look like something made by Dell or Best Buy.
Microsoft will start selling the cheaper of its Surface tablet computers on Windows 8 launch day, 26 October, the company has said after sneaking the information into its annual report to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Sharon Machlis of Computerworld gives an overview of the Google Nexus 7 tablet, which runs the Android Jelly Bean 4.1 operating system, and features Voice Search functionality.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW