Amazon's Germany site lists five models of Microsoft's new Surface tablet PC, including a smaller 32GB model previously unannounced.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
An iPad mini may come out in the fall. But how will big iPad apps play on the small screen? And do people really need a "tweener"? Apple expert and iFixit founder Kyle Wiens shares some answers.
A teardown of the Nexus 7 tablet reveals Google is apt to break even on the $199, 8 GB version of its tablet while earning a modest profit on the 16 GB version, priced at $249.
Advanced Micro Devices will detail its upcoming low-power CPU for tablets code-named Jaguar at the Hot Chips show in August, and share the stage with IBM, Oracle and Fujitsu, which will provide further insight into next-generation server processors.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet has got its first software update taking the device to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Telstra says the introduction of Google's Android platform on its second generation T-Hub home phone system will give users far more flexibility when it comes to interacting with the device.
HTC will launch a follow up tablet to the Flyer in the UK.
Tablets and smartphones continued to eat away at worldwide PC shipments, which remained flat during the second quarter, according to research released by Gartner.
Google's Nexus 7 tablet can now be ordered on more retail websites worldwide, but so far the less expensive $US199 model remains exclusive to Google's Play online store, according to current listings.
Samsung is looking to launch a Windows RT tablet when Windows 8 is launched in October.
The full source code of Jellybean, Google's latest and greatest Android version, was released to the Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) late Monday night.
In the world of high-tech, gadgets getting tagged as "uncool" can be a death sentence for a product. That's why Samsung's win over Apple in a UK court on Monday is being viewed as a defeat by some people.
Microsoft hopes to sell at least a few million of its Surface tablets after Windows 8 debuts in October, according to company chief executive Steve Ballmer.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has spoken about Microsoft's Surface during a press conference at Entel Summit in Chile last week.
Amazon will supposedly launch its Kindle Fire 2 tablet in this quarter to rival the Google Nexus 7 tablet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity LeadWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD