Microsoft on Monday unveiled its new Surface, a tablet computer it says is "coming soon," and one clearly aimed at competing directly with the iPad.
Tablets & eBook readers
The Surface name has had a complicated history at Microsoft. What used to refer to a multi-user, multi-touch table-top display (with an integrated PC and bespoke collaboration software) is now a much, much smaller 10.6-inch tablet running Windows 8.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Optus has revealed it is first telco in Australia to sell Samsung's second generation Galaxy Tab Android tablet, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
While there is much more to both Microsoft's new Surface tablet computer and Apple's iPad than pure specifications, the physical and technological differences between the two devices are likely to play a part in which device tablet PC buyers might ul...
As many had speculated, Microsoft has announced a new tablet PC at an event today in Los Angeles.
Redmond will produce its own ARM and Intel versions, which will include a cover with a touch keyboard
Microsoft took a bold step into the tablet market on Monday with the unveiling of a computer aimed squarely at bettering Apple's market-leading iPad.
By possibly doing a branded tablet using the new Windows 8 Metro-based Windows RT, Microsoft may actually be trying to reposition itself in a whole new way for the post-PC era. And that may be the even bigger story than the product(s) that Microsoft ...
A Microsoft-branded tablet made by Barnes & Noble makes sense if the tablet is focused on the same market as the $200 Kindle Fire, analysts said Monday.
Microsoft is expected on Monday afternoon to unveil a new tablet to challenge Apple's iPad, and gadget critics are scrambling to figure out what the Windows maker has planned.
Microsoft has announced a mystery event in Los Angeles Monday afternoon, June 18 and we'll cover the play-by-play on site.
The time is ripe for Microsoft to offer a tablet of its own.
Toshiba has expanded its Android tablet range in Australia by releasing three new devices, including a huge 13.3in model, the AT330.
Apple's iPad may still be considered the king of tablets in many quarters, but new research data casts a shadow of doubt over how long that will continue.
Amazon on Thursday released updates to the Kindle app for iOS, along with the Kindle Cloud Reader Web app. The updates add in support for children's books, comics, and graphic novels.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Kobo develops an eReader for Australia's beaches
- Traces of Regin malware may date back to 2006
- Hands-on with the Samsung NX1 camera
- Symantec identifies sophisticated, stealthy 'Regin' malware
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC