Two technology titans who have been grappling in courts around the world will be meeting face to face Monday to see if they can settle their differences and concentrate on what they do best: creating great consumer electronics products.
Tablets & eBook readers
From the first pocket scientific calculator through '80s organisers to today's tablets, check out 15 ingenious devices that have driven the handheld computing revolution.
In the latest move in a complex series of patent-related cases, Apple filed a motion in a U.S. district court late Friday to ban Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the U.S.
The iPad mini will increase Apple's tablet sales to schools, students and gamers, due to its added portability and lower price tag, an analyst has said.
The rumoured 7.85in iPad will have thin-film touch technology, and will launch by the fourth quarter of 2012, according to reports.
After a brief dip in late 2011, the Apple iPad has firmly reasserted its position as the dominant player in the tablet market.
Apple has announced it will drop advertising claims in the UK that its new iPad has "4G capability", following pressure from the Advertising Standards Authority.
iOS 6, internally codenamed 'Sundance', could bring Siri to the iPad at last.
Apple has stopped calling the new iPad "4G-capable" after regulators cracked down on its US-only capability to connect to high-speed LTE networks. Although it is still listed as being "4G LTE capable," the new iPad is now called "Wi-Fi + Cellular" in...
Rumors of Kindle upgrades are a dime a dozen, and many aren't from the most reputable of sources. But one new report sounds quite likely: Amazon will launch a front-lit version of its Kindle eReader in July, and a new model of its Kindle Fire color t...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is now shipping, and we've been running it through our gauntlet of tests to see how it compares with its predecessor.
ASUS has announced the launch of the Transformer Pad TF300T Android tablet in Australia, a slightly cheaper version of its flagship Eee Pad Transformer Prime tablet.
In case of emergency, tap these handy tools for network and server admins
Apple will launch its new iPad in 30 additional countries this weekend, including Brazil, Chile, Egypt and Jamaica.
Before tablets, MS Paint, computers, or heck, even paper (ok, that last part is a flat-out lie), the only cool way to draw a picture was with an Etch-a-Sketch. Now, the minds behind the Etcher Kickstarter program want to bring the classic aluminum po...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW