Intel's upcoming Core i-series processors based on the Ivy Bridge architecture are being pitched at ultrabooks, but the company is now extending the chips to high-performance tablets with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 operating system.
Tablets & eBook readers
The new Samsung Galaxy Tab Android tablets announced last night are a lot like the old Galaxy Tabs, with essentially the same hardware specs for processor speed, screen resolution, battery life, and wireless connectivity options. The 7-inch model to ...
Journalist Rob Schmitz has published a second report from his visit to Chinese Foxconn factories, and has released video footage showing highlights of his tour of the assembly line.
The tablet market is already populated with dozens of different sizes and models, and many close in size to the highly popular iPad, with its 9.7-in. screen.
The iPad will remain top dog in the tablet market until at least 2016 and likely well beyond, analysts believe.
Samsung will ship its next-generation Galaxy Tab 2 tablets in the U.S. starting on April 22, with 7-inch model coming first, and the 10.1-inch model with a larger screen shipping on May 13.
A new type of NAND flash storage for consumer electronics that can store data more densely might lower the cost of devices such as tablets and thin "ultrabook" laptops, according to Samsung.
By now you know the drill: a company releases a new tablet or smartphone that has the fastest processor, sharpest screen resolution and sleekest design of anyone else on the market.
Tablet computers are meant to be held, at least most of the time. But at what point does a slate become too unwieldy to function as a handheld device? The new Toshiba Excite 13, with its gargantuan (by tablet standards) 13.3-inch display, may soon an...
Facebook has updated its iPad app to take advantage of the new iPad's Retina display.
Apple's third-generation iPad is hot, but this time in a good way, says Consumer Reports. The consumer reviews magazine created a stir two weeks ago when it said the latest Apple tablet could get as hot as 116 degrees Fahrenheit in some spots when ru...
Apple continues to sell brand-new iPad 2 models, and at a very compelling price. So if you're in the market for a tablet, which one should you buy?
The first time I saw the new display, I was floored, and after my first session using the new iPad, I was a convert.
Windows will lose its place as the dominant computing platform over the next four years, supplanted by ARM-based devices running Google's Android operating system, according to a report from IDC.
The controversy over Apple's iPad 3 not working on Australian LTE networks may be just one signal of problems ahead for international LTE roaming.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA