The 2012 refresh of the Apple iPad wows, but not for the reasons so often associated with Apple products.
Tablets & eBook readers
Taking delivery of any new Apple product is always a joy, and the new iPad is no exception. Apple pays as much attention to the design of its packaging as it does to the product itself.
Congratulations, you've braved the lines, delivery wait times, or in-store negotiations to snag yourself a brand-new iPad.
There are many thousands of apps available. (As Apple's advertising campaign says, "There's an app for that.") But some apps are simply must-haves--whether for their functionality, interface brilliance, or sheer entertainment factor.
Macworld has put the third-generation iPad through its paces over the past few days and now you can find out what we think of it in our full review.
As Apple's [AAPL] latest iPad goes on sale in the U.S. and nine more countries at 8 a.m. Friday (March 16), it seems some of the biggest U.S. corporations will be joining consumers to get hold of some.
Throngs of tech enthusiasts, hoping to buy a new iPad on the first day of its release, will likely endure long lines at Apple Stores on Friday.
Maybe you're not one of the millions of folks who already owns an iPad. And maybe you're ready to do something about it. Apple's added an extra wrinkle for you to consider: Which generation iPad should you buy?
Apple's generic name for its new iPad -- that's the name, "the new iPad" -- got the thumbs down in a just-concluded poll of more than 1,100 Internet users.
The new iPad's display screen has the normally-reserved teardown specialists at iFixit gushing.
The first person in line had been in front of the George Street Apple Store since Monday but he wasn't the first to come out with the new iPad ...
Apple's new iPad will sell for less than its RRP at both Big W and Target stores across Australia.
Telstra opened the doors of it's flagship Sydney store at 12.01am this morning to launch Apple's new iPad.
Apple's new iPad launches in Australia tomorrow, but the first reviews of the third-generation tablet have already started appearing, both in Australia and around the globe.
Optus has announced a set of new data plans for Apple's new iPad, which goes on sale in Australia tomorrow, but it won't be holding a midnight launch for the popular tablet device.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- First business-specific Samsung Galaxy tablet goes on sale
- Intel's Skylake chips to appear in tablets, PCs, servers
- Intel to rebrand Atom chips along lines of Core processors
- Cortana's UI now expresses 18 different emotions. Siri remains detached and aloof
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW