The new Samsung Galaxy Tab Android tablets announced last night are a lot like the old Galaxy Tabs, with essentially the same hardware specs for processor speed, screen resolution, battery life, and wireless connectivity options. The 7-inch model to ...
Tablets & eBook readers
Journalist Rob Schmitz has published a second report from his visit to Chinese Foxconn factories, and has released video footage showing highlights of his tour of the assembly line.
The tablet market is already populated with dozens of different sizes and models, and many close in size to the highly popular iPad, with its 9.7-in. screen.
The iPad will remain top dog in the tablet market until at least 2016 and likely well beyond, analysts believe.
Samsung will ship its next-generation Galaxy Tab 2 tablets in the U.S. starting on April 22, with 7-inch model coming first, and the 10.1-inch model with a larger screen shipping on May 13.
A new type of NAND flash storage for consumer electronics that can store data more densely might lower the cost of devices such as tablets and thin "ultrabook" laptops, according to Samsung.
By now you know the drill: a company releases a new tablet or smartphone that has the fastest processor, sharpest screen resolution and sleekest design of anyone else on the market.
Tablet computers are meant to be held, at least most of the time. But at what point does a slate become too unwieldy to function as a handheld device? The new Toshiba Excite 13, with its gargantuan (by tablet standards) 13.3-inch display, may soon an...
Facebook has updated its iPad app to take advantage of the new iPad's Retina display.
Apple's third-generation iPad is hot, but this time in a good way, says Consumer Reports. The consumer reviews magazine created a stir two weeks ago when it said the latest Apple tablet could get as hot as 116 degrees Fahrenheit in some spots when ru...
Apple continues to sell brand-new iPad 2 models, and at a very compelling price. So if you're in the market for a tablet, which one should you buy?
The first time I saw the new display, I was floored, and after my first session using the new iPad, I was a convert.
Windows will lose its place as the dominant computing platform over the next four years, supplanted by ARM-based devices running Google's Android operating system, according to a report from IDC.
The controversy over Apple's iPad 3 not working on Australian LTE networks may be just one signal of problems ahead for international LTE roaming.
The Asus Transformer Prime is getting a new firmware update to make the popular Android tablet even more versatile and laptop-like.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA