The tablet market is already populated with dozens of different sizes and models, and many close in size to the highly popular iPad, with its 9.7-in. screen.
Tablets & eBook readers
The iPad will remain top dog in the tablet market until at least 2016 and likely well beyond, analysts believe.
Samsung will ship its next-generation Galaxy Tab 2 tablets in the U.S. starting on April 22, with 7-inch model coming first, and the 10.1-inch model with a larger screen shipping on May 13.
A new type of NAND flash storage for consumer electronics that can store data more densely might lower the cost of devices such as tablets and thin "ultrabook" laptops, according to Samsung.
By now you know the drill: a company releases a new tablet or smartphone that has the fastest processor, sharpest screen resolution and sleekest design of anyone else on the market.
Tablet computers are meant to be held, at least most of the time. But at what point does a slate become too unwieldy to function as a handheld device? The new Toshiba Excite 13, with its gargantuan (by tablet standards) 13.3-inch display, may soon an...
Facebook has updated its iPad app to take advantage of the new iPad's Retina display.
Apple's third-generation iPad is hot, but this time in a good way, says Consumer Reports. The consumer reviews magazine created a stir two weeks ago when it said the latest Apple tablet could get as hot as 116 degrees Fahrenheit in some spots when ru...
Apple continues to sell brand-new iPad 2 models, and at a very compelling price. So if you're in the market for a tablet, which one should you buy?
The first time I saw the new display, I was floored, and after my first session using the new iPad, I was a convert.
Windows will lose its place as the dominant computing platform over the next four years, supplanted by ARM-based devices running Google's Android operating system, according to a report from IDC.
The controversy over Apple's iPad 3 not working on Australian LTE networks may be just one signal of problems ahead for international LTE roaming.
The Asus Transformer Prime is getting a new firmware update to make the popular Android tablet even more versatile and laptop-like.
Apple will offer refunds to people who bought its latest iPad following a claim by Australia's competition regulator that it ran misleading advertisements over the device's 4G connectivity, according to reports.
If you are familiar with Evernote, you know that it's an app and Web service that lets you save and organize notes, PDFs, images, and all kinds of other random bits of data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
- The world's first Ubuntu tablet opens preorders, converging PCs and mobile devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW