The Asus Transformer Prime is getting a new firmware update to make the popular Android tablet even more versatile and laptop-like.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Apple will offer refunds to people who bought its latest iPad following a claim by Australia's competition regulator that it ran misleading advertisements over the device's 4G connectivity, according to reports.
If you are familiar with Evernote, you know that it's an app and Web service that lets you save and organize notes, PDFs, images, and all kinds of other random bits of data.
Apple's latest iPad has been on sale less than a week and - following the usual round of rave reviews from critics - the company looks headed for controversy as complaints and criticisms mount about Apple's newest tablet.
While the increased resolution of the new iPad's screen is impressive, the colour saturation is also responsible for the display's "wow" factor, according to a new analysis.
Reader Steve Stern has a new iPad and a warmer lap. He writes:
The new iPad generates an extra 10 degrees when compared to the iPad 2, according to tests performed by Dutch site Tweakers.
Apple's new iPad arrived Friday and will almost certainly start showing up in the workplace this week.
It's clear that people are willing to pay for new tablets, but it's also clear that they aren't yet ready to take on the fee for cellular connectivity to it, according to an analyst.
Two years ago, Apple side-swiped the computer industry by releasing the first iPad. Though dismissed by some critics at the time as an overgrown iPhone, the iPad has proved to be just as disruptive to the PC industry as the iPhone was to mobile.
To help you filter through all of the iPad-related headlines floating around the tech press today, we've created a compilation that will keep you up-to-date on the latest developments:
Dell is committed to joining the tablet fray once again--this time with Windows 8 tablets aimed at going head-to-head with the Apple iPad.
Apple executives were focusing their attention on the company’s dividend and stock buyback program Monday morning, but they did provide some news about last Friday’s launch of the third-generation iPad.
Tablet users are being let down by poor-performing websites and the companies behind those websites are potentially losing large amounts of cash as a result, according to the results of a survey.
If you're in the market for a new iPad, there's a good chance you'll want a protective case or some other new accessories.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW