Apple has announced the next version of its popular iPad tablet, which will be faster than its predecessor and have a higher resolution screen.
Tablets & eBook readers
New tablet will be able to display images at a resolution of 2048 by 1536 pixels
Tomorrow morning Apple will front the world and take the wraps off its latest iPad. Unlike many rumours previously suggested, the company's third-generation iPad isn't likely to be called the iPad 3.
There has been wide speculation on what Apple's next iteration of its tablet will look like, feature and be named. Network World editor John Cox even is able to write a weekly story on the wild rumors surrounding the next iPad.
Apple will not be able to meet demand for the new iPad when it goes on sale later this month, analysts have said.
So we're done with the Apple iPad 3 (or iPad HD?) rumours, the anonymous sources, the Asian supply chain, the "evidence" that rests on other rumors, and all the rest.
On Thursday morning (AEST) Apple will pull the curtains back on its third-generation iPad with a list of new features only Apple knows for sure.
The third-generation iPad will include 4G LTE (long term evolution) connectivity, according to a new report.
Apple will sell 65 million iPads in 2012, 40 million of which will be the as-yet-unannounced third-generation iPad, according to a report.
Apple is expected to drop the numbering moniker from its next-generation iPad, calling it the iPad HD instead of iPad 3, according to reports.
As our resident stylus reviewer and off-hours cartoonist, I doodle on my iPad a lot. More than I really ever expected to, really: Having used a Wacom since high school, I hated the idea of drawing digitally without pressure sensitivity.
On Wednesday, Apple will unveil something new. Apple's not saying much yet about what it plans to show off on March 7; the invitation's close-up photo of an iPad and its sparse text ("We have something you really have to see. And touch.") are the onl...
Advocates for a Kindle Fire-sized iPad are constantly combing the Internet for information morsels about the device like cryptozoologists looking for Yeti clues, and now they have found another one.
Samsung Securities expects Apple to launch a smaller iPad in the third quarter of 2012, according to an internal document.
Apple's media event, during which the company is expected to unveil the iPad 3, is only a few days away but some people just can't wait to add to the feverish speculation of what the device will look like.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- First business-specific Samsung Galaxy tablet goes on sale
- Intel's Skylake chips to appear in tablets, PCs, servers
- Intel to rebrand Atom chips along lines of Core processors
- Cortana's UI now expresses 18 different emotions. Siri remains detached and aloof
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW