Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
Tablets & eBook readers
With Apple widely expected to be launching a new iPad mini, it's worth revisiting what makes the mini such a compelling product.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Apple has begun decorating the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco with colourful banners ahead of its 22 October event, which we expect will give us our first look at the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2.
Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Dell has revealed pricing and availability of its new range of products, including the Venue tablet range and the XPS 11, at an event in Sydney.
What's better than one Apple event? Two Apple events, naturally. The folks from Cupertino evidently agree, as they have dispatched invitations to the media for a gathering next Tuesday, October 22, in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the A...
An update to the Google Play Store will ensure that all tablet users will see the "Designed for tablets" tab as the default view in the Play store, Google has confirmed.
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Maybe Android tablets are getting more impressive. Maybe Samsung just has a lot of clout. Whatever the reason, Twitter decided to develop an Android tablet-optimised version of its official app with a few features that are "unique" for Samsung and ju...
Apple could be in the early development stages of a 13in iPad aimed at the notebook market, an analyst has said.
With rumours that Apple is planning to unveil its iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 on 15 October, speculation about what the new iPads could look like, and what they'll feature, has been rife.
Even if Apple has few high-resolution iPad Mini tablets to sell in November, it will still unveil the new device this month, risking a repeat of last year's iMac debacle, an analyst argued today.
Telstra has become the first major telco in Australia to launch plans that allow consumers to share data across multiple devices, but will charge a $10 monthly fee just to enable the service.
It's hard to believe that not a single Windows 8 tablet has matched the screen resolution of Apple's iPad, but Sharp plans to change that with its Mebius Pad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW