Here’s a round-up of some of the products, news and events that we covered this week, as well as some of the best stuff that was produced by the other titles in our publishing stable.
Tablets & eBook readers
Microsoft has erected a gigantic Surface in London's Trafalgar Square, with a roughly 383-inch display. Visitors can walk up to the oversized Surface and stomp on the attached jumbo keyboard to interact with apps.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
With Apple widely expected to be launching a new iPad mini, it's worth revisiting what makes the mini such a compelling product.
Apple has begun decorating the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco with colourful banners ahead of its 22 October event, which we expect will give us our first look at the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2.
Amazon has announced that its new Kindle Paperwhite eReader is now available through Dick Smith and Big W retail outlets across Australia.
If you've been keeping abreast of the Windows tablet market, Acer's Iconia W4 will sound very familiar.
Dell has revealed pricing and availability of its new range of products, including the Venue tablet range and the XPS 11, at an event in Sydney.
What's better than one Apple event? Two Apple events, naturally. The folks from Cupertino evidently agree, as they have dispatched invitations to the media for a gathering next Tuesday, October 22, in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the A...
An update to the Google Play Store will ensure that all tablet users will see the "Designed for tablets" tab as the default view in the Play store, Google has confirmed.
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Maybe Android tablets are getting more impressive. Maybe Samsung just has a lot of clout. Whatever the reason, Twitter decided to develop an Android tablet-optimised version of its official app with a few features that are "unique" for Samsung and ju...
Apple could be in the early development stages of a 13in iPad aimed at the notebook market, an analyst has said.
With rumours that Apple is planning to unveil its iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 on 15 October, speculation about what the new iPads could look like, and what they'll feature, has been rife.
Even if Apple has few high-resolution iPad Mini tablets to sell in November, it will still unveil the new device this month, risking a repeat of last year's iMac debacle, an analyst argued today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
- Opera pitches all-you-can-eat app stores to mobile operators
- Apple-IBM products in November? Not quite
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW