Apple's iPhone and iPad may have been built for consumers, but the folks in Cupertino correctly guessed that what's good for consumers is good for businesses. The only stumbling block may be the growing volume of apps available: more 140,000 natively...
Tablets & eBook readers
The much-rumored Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD got a soft launch at about the same time the company was announcing its Ascend D series of smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series of tablets will be on display in Barcelona starting Monday, the first day of Mobile World Congress.
The Galaxy Note 10.1, announced Monday at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, is the second entry in the company's pen- and touch-capable Galaxy Note line.
The Asus PadFone made an appearance last May, but we haven't heard much about it in the time since. Now, at the Barcelona-based Mobile World Congress, Asus has given us a few more details about its phone-tablet hybrid.
Microsoft has invited the tech press to a Windows 8 event. We will undoubtedly learn more about Windows 8, and it is widely expected that Microsoft will also make the Windows 8 Consumer Preview available during the week. The most interesting aspect o...
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion's (RIM) first entry into the fiercely competitive tablet market, the PlayBook, wasn't exactly well-received by the masses when it was released last April.
PCWorld's Damon Brown says yesterday's Office for iPad tease by The Daily is probably just hype, and he's in good company -- Microsoft itself said in a recent New York Times story that the purported screenshot was bunkum.
These enhancements include exotic skins, clever devices for transferring files, great ways to game with your phone or tablet, and more.
Microsoft could be weeks away from releasing a version of Office for the iPad including apps for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The purported iOS apps would have the ability to edit a file locally on your tablet or edit an online document from, presuma...
Almost a year after the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet was introduced, Research In Motion has delivered a new OS that brings a native e-mail client to the device.
Motorola has announced that Telstra will be the first carrier to sell the company's new Xoom 2 Android tablet in Australia. The tablet goes on sale today through selected Telstra stores and dealers.
Tablets are great for a wide variety of mobile computing tasks. The Apple iPad 2 isn’t just an awesome device; it’s “magical” if you believe the Apple marketing hype. As astounding as tablets are, though, they are not without their issues. A recent s...
Swedish publisher Bonnierfrlagen has created an interactive biography app about controversial AC Milan footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the iPad to coincide with his brief return to Britain as he travels with AC Milan to face Arsenal in the UEFA Cha...
The iPad promises to make your work life a little easier. Traveling salespeople, airline pilots and even construction workers don't have to carry around heavy binders anymore.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
- The world's first Ubuntu tablet opens preorders, converging PCs and mobile devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA