So, you have a small amount of money to spare and have decided to buy that neat Chinese Android tablet that you saw the other day? Let me tell you exactly why that's a pretty bad decision.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
If you're dying to get your hands on a Windows 8 tablet, right now for $2,000 or more on eBay you can pick up several Samsung Series 7 700T tablets running Windows 8.
Apple will lift the lid on its latest Australian retail store this Saturday,September 24. The Hornsby Apple Store will open its doors for the first time at 10am.
Online retailer Kogan is now selling products from major electronics brands alongside its house brand, in a move that will significantly undercut traditional Australian bricks-and-mortar retailers like JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and Ted's Cameras, as we...
Now you see it, now you don't: Samsung Electronics erased all traces of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 from its exhibition stand at the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) in Berlin on Saturday, just two days after launching the tablet there.
More and more, WebOS seems like an operating system that not even its own mother could love.
At the IFA trade show in Berlin, Samsung has thrown the covers off two new Galaxy tablets: the 7.7in Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet and the 5.3in Galaxy Note tablet-phone crossover device.
Samsung did not get the memo when Dell axed its 5-inch phone, because it has introduced its own 5.3in smartphone-tablet crossover called the Galaxy Note. The slender Android 2.3 device blurs the line between phones and tablets and comes with a bundle...
Samsung today launched the successor to its original Galaxy Tab tablet, one year after first showing off the 7-inch Galaxy Tab at last year’s IFA trade show in Berlin. That Samsung would refresh that initial model, and bring its naming convention mor...
Sony's Android Honeycomb-based single and dual-screen tablets will be called Tablet S and Tablet P, and will be priced from $579, the company said on Wednesday at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin. The Australian availability for the Tablet...
More TouchPads are on the way but HP is not resurrecting the TouchPad.
Women have increasingly become the most frequent buyers of e-readers even as their interest in tablets and smartphones has remained relatively steady, according to Nielsen.
Everyone who’s been grabbing the $99 and $149 HP TouchPads in the recent fire sale might not be stuck with HP's webOS.
Here's an interesting defense in the Samsung-Apple patent battle: Samsung claims iPad-like tablets have already been established as "prior art," thanks to a scene in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and Best Buy are facing a backlash from wannabe HP TouchPad buyers after each of the retailers oversold their supplies of the WebOS-based tablets. B&N is facing the brunt of angry customers with many disgruntled TouchPad b...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW