Apple will lift the lid on its latest Australian retail store this Saturday,September 24. The Hornsby Apple Store will open its doors for the first time at 10am.
Tablets & eBook readers
Online retailer Kogan is now selling products from major electronics brands alongside its house brand, in a move that will significantly undercut traditional Australian bricks-and-mortar retailers like JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and Ted's Cameras, as we...
Now you see it, now you don't: Samsung Electronics erased all traces of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 from its exhibition stand at the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) in Berlin on Saturday, just two days after launching the tablet there.
More and more, WebOS seems like an operating system that not even its own mother could love.
At the IFA trade show in Berlin, Samsung has thrown the covers off two new Galaxy tablets: the 7.7in Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet and the 5.3in Galaxy Note tablet-phone crossover device.
Samsung did not get the memo when Dell axed its 5-inch phone, because it has introduced its own 5.3in smartphone-tablet crossover called the Galaxy Note. The slender Android 2.3 device blurs the line between phones and tablets and comes with a bundle...
Samsung today launched the successor to its original Galaxy Tab tablet, one year after first showing off the 7-inch Galaxy Tab at last year’s IFA trade show in Berlin. That Samsung would refresh that initial model, and bring its naming convention mor...
Sony's Android Honeycomb-based single and dual-screen tablets will be called Tablet S and Tablet P, and will be priced from $579, the company said on Wednesday at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin. The Australian availability for the Tablet...
More TouchPads are on the way but HP is not resurrecting the TouchPad.
Women have increasingly become the most frequent buyers of e-readers even as their interest in tablets and smartphones has remained relatively steady, according to Nielsen.
Everyone who’s been grabbing the $99 and $149 HP TouchPads in the recent fire sale might not be stuck with HP's webOS.
Here's an interesting defense in the Samsung-Apple patent battle: Samsung claims iPad-like tablets have already been established as "prior art," thanks to a scene in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, and Best Buy are facing a backlash from wannabe HP TouchPad buyers after each of the retailers oversold their supplies of the WebOS-based tablets. B&N is facing the brunt of angry customers with many disgruntled TouchPad b...
Were you one of the lucky Australian consumers to get your hands on HP's TouchPad tablet for $98 yesterday?
Anyone who's picked up a shiny new HP Touchpad in the last 24 hours should be pretty pleased with their purchase -- for $98 it's an absolute steal for browsing the Web and other basic tablet tasks. However, our chief gripe was the relatively sluggish...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW