Rightly or wrongly, the foosball table became the symbol of the Dot-Com Era excess.
Tablets & eBook readers
Better late than never, right? PC manufacturer Lenovo today announced that its first range of Android-powered tablets, the IdeaPad Tablet K1 and the ThinkPad Tablet, will both be available in Australia from September.
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
Google will offer a Google+ app for the iPad and iPod Touch "soon," a company product manager said today.
Apple COO Tim Cook spoke to analysts after Apple's record financial results Tuesday. This is an edited transcript of his remarks.
Motorola seems to have made a mess of Google's latest Android software update on its Xoom tablet, after it released, then halted the Android 3.1 software update citing a 'system error'.
Despite earlier reports that sales of Asus' convertible tablet were slowing, monthly shipments of the Eee Pad Transformer have surpassed 400,000 units per month, according to DigiTimes --making the Transformer the second-best selling tablet after the...
The scoop: TouchPad, by HP, about $500 (for 16GB; 32GB costs $600).
The Commonwealth Bank today rolled out a suite of new mobile banking applications including NetBank for iPad and Android tablets, and a new CommBank mobile banking app for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7 smartphone platforms.
So many remainders for you today, and they're all focused on the iPad or iPad rivals, such as they are. The remainders for Thursday, July 7, 2011 want to multitouch you all over.
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too". Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Coloring is getting a 21st-century makeover, courtesy of Crayola and Griffin Technology. And best of all, the combination iPad app and stylus offering introduced by the two companies Wednesday means there's almost no chance that your kids will wind u...
I know I am only 4 days into 30 Days With the iPad, but I am already developing a list of issues and annoyances. Let's take a look at some of the problems I have encountered so far with using the iPad as a Windows 7 notebook replacement.
You read last week's Backspin (you did, didn't you?) so you'll know it included a riposte from my old friend and verbal sparring partner, Winn Schwartau, to my April column "Curse you, users."
Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT